Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@LaFinalista it takes a VILLAGE! TAMU can be a beast…it’s huge, can be overwhelming. Knowledge is KEY.

I encourage every admitted parent to join this page. Huge wealth of experience, super helpful. Must be admitted, parents only, must answer all questions to join, no PSA

4 Likes

Agree with @LaFinalista!! Thanks to @FriscoDad @ChristiR93, @52AG82 and many others for the insight. The information is so helpful and has kept me mellow in the highest moments of this stressful journey!! Thank you so much!!

7 Likes

nothing yet.

4 Likes

I hope I get to join that page! (Still waiting to hear from admissions)

6 Likes

Not sure what I am more anxious about…checking online and finding no change to her application or catching up on this post in fear that they have started given out the TEAM offers and my daughter is still waiting.

Hope they all hit on the same day for everyone that is on the wait-list

11 Likes

@ 95Ag27

Agree!!! It’s been depressing checking every morning and seeing no change. I’ve slowed down checking here because it’s making me nervous.

5 Likes

For those still waiting…
In the “Manage Applications” I found a Galveston reference tonight.

Go look and see if y’all’s changed.

4 Likes

Nada . I was holding my breath. My daughter still says “ application under review “ campus college station.
I feel so frustrated and anxious and my daughter has taken this with so much grace and maturity and she is waiting, she doesn’t even check the portal, she says it will happen and she will be ready to embrace the decision whatever that is.

6 Likes

This was totally me and my mom last year. She checked the portal more than I did. Parents, we will be fine.

2 Likes

Received an email from Blinn that says, “Congratulations! We received your Fall 2023 Blinn College District application for admissions.” It came at 1:28 a.m. However, we had already applied and been accepted to Blinn on January 9th. And, have already received the congrats emails. Fingers crossed this is a sign Blinn Team is coming? And, somehow it has triggered something in the Blinn system to notify? Otherwise, I’m not sure why we’re receiving another email from them. Thoughts @ChristiR93 @FriscoDad ?

5 Likes

@raochan Hopefully I’m wrong, but I don’t think A&M fills out the Blinn application for students they’re offering TEAM to🤞🏼

1 Like

I do believe that is a good sign. You’ll be coenrolled and I believe Tamu has to send over the paperwork for it just like they do for PSA. They send a file with applications so they can be accepted into the university and processed under PSA. I can only assume Blinn is the same way for Team and Teab.

Hope I’m right! Has anyone else received this today??

3 Likes

Same!

1 Like

My daughter received the same email this morning from Blinn and she had previously “applied” to Blinn back in November and already gotten the “acceptance” email back then. Fingers crossed that this is the next step for Blinn Team (after getting the three choices at the end of January)!

3 Likes

My son has not applied to Blinn yet because we just received the Blinn TEAB offer last week. Is this something that we need to do while we are still under consideration for Blinn TEAB? Did we miss something in the application process?

We’re sort of perplexed at the TAMU timeline. Our son has heard back from every other college he applied to for CompSci, but Howdy still has his app as under review. He’s top 7%, in-state, honors, STEM endorsement, IB, a dozen IB/AP classes with high pass exam scores. Not sure what the delay is since everywhere else let us know in December or January.

3 Likes

@Austinia does his application have all :white_check_mark: marks, showing everything has been submitted/received?
When did he apply?

1 Like

I will have him double-check when he comes home, but I believe so (I don’t have access). His app would have been late October, early November. That’s when he did all of them.

2 Likes

They held up my D’s auto-admission for a bit because they didn’t have an official transcript from her HS. I’d hate to see an auto-admit delayed due to some hiccup in the system.

2 Likes

I will have him double-check everything. I suppose something might have glitched. Every other college app went through fine and without any drama, which is why we are wondering what the delay is.