Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

You have been a tremendous help to so many of us on this site so I wanted to say thank you. My son now has 7 tabs but AIS still says being considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn (his major was changed at Engineering at Blinn). Are we in a holding pattern until AIS changes? When can we set up a New Student Conference?

BAC just means B at College Station. Major code is MEEN which will change to General Engineering before NSC.
Between now and beginning of Fall student can spend time understanding and preparing for ETAM.

1 Like

There are a lot of things need to set up. If you visit TAMU campus you will know those are buildings far apart. One Stop handles FAFSA and Financial Aid portal, ResLife handles housing, Admission office handles Dashboard and Flywire payment portal. TAP handles Blinn student set up. Give them some time and remind your student check email. Soon your student will be getting Blinn portal and email setup instructions, and the NetID at TAMU Howdy may (there is an option to change) become TAMU email handle.

2 Likes

@TexAgCVEN92 if wanting to live on campus, paying Housing deposit ($75 non refundable) is FAR more important than NSC registration. There are multiple NSC sessions offered over the summer.
Easier said than done, but be patient. Wait for Howdy tabs to update (might be hours-day).
Like @FriscoDad said, make sure your son is checking Howdy & TAMU.edu email daily. All information goes to the student.

1 Like

Thanks - one step forward today, much more to learn at Aggieland Saturday most likely.

1 Like

Thanks - he’s planning on living at Aspire so housing isn’t an issue. Many things will likely pop up and as you advise, he needs to be watching email and checking AIS/Howdy frequently. Exciting but still stressful for this Dad!

3 Likes

Yay Teab! And Galveston Eng! Congrats to all.

Those still waiting for Team, hang in there. Those decisions should follow tomorrow or Monday, I would guess

As for the poster who asked about change of major disappearing… that usually means PSA or possibly rejection. I don’t remember it happening this early tho.

8 Likes

Okay that is what we thought… she got Into Galveston earlier this week! For main campus that showed up today. Thanks for the information:)

1 Like

My son who is a jr there already told us that some of his friend’s siblings had already received rejections. Keep praying.

3 Likes

@A1993 at least one person has confirmed their ‘change major’ button disappeared today…which usually means PSA offer is coming.
Tho it is earlier then usual for PSA offers…

2 Likes

We got the three options last week, just like everyone else did and we chose Team Only option. She applied to TAMU back on August/September , now although she is considered a Texas resident she is at boarding school in Tanzania at UWC East Africa, Davis Scholar recipient , IB diploma. Really good and rich extra curricular activities . Finalist for Aurora awards with Coral Reef project. Majoring Health All or Biology

@Decision2023 Congratulations!! My daughter has the exact same, Howdy shows 7 tabs and under Manage Applications says TEAB. She also chose TEAB option on 1/31. But still says Under Review and she doesn’t want to believe it until it says Admitted. Great question if there is a TEAB specific thread. I’m glad to see this as we head to Aggieland Saturday so she can ask more questions about Blinn.

4 Likes

@52AG82 - not trying to be a pain but can you clarify that?

My son now has 7 tabs and the change major at the bottom of AIS is gone and the application went from AERO at TAMU College Station to Engineering at Blinn (AIS also says “You are being considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn”). Is he likely getting TEAB (which he chose over McAllen or Galveston) or could that still happen?

2 Likes

I got PSA around March 13 or 14, the day after my change major button disappeared.

Good luck!

1 Like

@Aggiebee2 no tabs changed, just Change of Major bottom gone?

1 Like

For those attending Aggieland Saturday, be sure to follow @aggiebound on Instagram, and don’t forget to register!

https://guidebook.com/g/#/guides/agsat2023/details

5 Likes

7 tabs in howdy. Change of major button gone for main campus.

1 Like

Oh! Then I don’t know what that means. But you did apply to Galveston separately, correct?

Yes applied to Galveston separately and was excepted!

3 Likes