Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Looks like a few people on Reddit received PSA today. I can’t believe those are already starting to be offered. We are still holding out hope but this waiting is so hard.

3 Likes

Hi - I would love some restaurant suggestions!!

I saw someone post on the Aggie Parent Page today a screenshot of their child’s Howdy portal and it said they had been given a PSA offer.

1 Like

So depending what you are wanting…

Fancy: Republic Christopher’s
Upscale Italian: Napa flats 1860 italia
Mexi local: Jose’s (true Mexican) mad taco, mia Maria, Juanita’s, gringos, velvet taco
Lots of burger places like koppe
Bridge, mojos, grub, Hopdoddys

Downtown Bryan has some great places too. Ronins. Proudest monkey

I’m a foodie. Love to eat

8 Likes

@fzy4mk We almost always stop at Wings N More…best chicken tenders & steak fingers ever!!
Agree about Napa Flats.
Big fans of Rosa’s (our family is from West TX, where they originated).
I never leave town w/o grabbing Dutch Bros!
Gate12 is our very favorite, for special occasions.
Anxious to try Ronin Farm & Restaurant.
We love Longhorn Tavern Steakhouse in downtown Bryan, too.
@ChristiR93 is the local, she’s got great recs!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Notifications have started going out for PSA. If you/your child got PSA and want to know more about the program, or just want to ask questions of someone participating in it, ask away. I am in my second semester of PSA at TAMU-Corpus Christi.

6 Likes

Thanks! Is this for the students who have been offered 3 options couple weeks ago?

This is for students who have received a decision and it is PSA.

For those of you still waiting to hear back from Engineering, based on the Aggieland Saturday presentation yesterday, the department is still working on sending out offers of full admission, including CStat, TEAB co-enrollment, Galveston, and McAllen in the next couple of weeks.

3 Likes

My son was extremely fortunate to be admitted to engineering at Galveston two days ago. 3.35 UW (immature during Fr and So, all A’s in Jr and 1st half of Sr including 4 stem APs so upward trend), good ec but nothing spectacular, 1560, NMSF who didn’t make NMF due to poor grades. He loves TAMU (still celebrating after 48 hours) but we’re OOS so cost is sky high. NMSF gets 3k which is below the 4k needed for OOS waiver, and unless I’m mistaken A&M doesn’t stack scholarships when counting against the 4k. Aside from joining ROTC and FAFSA, are we basically out of options to shave a good chunk (e.g., 5k-10k per year) off the coa? My first post at cc - thanks to everyone for advice!

3 Likes

Got the Engineering at Blinn (TEAB) offer a couple days ago. Turning it down in favor of Alabama, which is less expensive with scholarships. My C/O 25 engineer has a stronger interest in being an Aggie so we’ll see.

6 Likes

TAMU do stack scholarship, they just phased out Maroon that doesn’t stack. Email Aggie One Stop/Financial Aid portal to see if they can offer more.

2 Likes

We went to the Pathways presentation yesterday. They said 10k more freshman applications this year than last year. A larger percentage of those are auto admits than ever before. They plan to extend 26-27k offers which includes TEAM, but not PSA.
They told us that once you get an offer, that’s it, you will only get one, so if you choose Blinn TEAM only, then you won’t be considered for the waitlist. They also told us that their goal is to make an offer to those who have already received the choices before spring break. They said they are waiting until the March 1 deadline (that those with 3 choices were given) to make some decisions.
They also said that they will only offer TAMU McAllen as an option to those who live in that general area?
Someone asked if you become auto admit (10%) after the December deadline, can you use it for fall admissions. She said no, because it’s after the documents due cut off. Someone asked about using it for the following spring admission and she said only if you don’t take any college classes the summer or fall in between.
She said than many Blinn TEAM students are ready to transfer to TAMU after one year. She also said that 1 out of 3 graduates started somewhere besides TAMU CS.

6 Likes

Do y’all have any recommendations for off campus apartments? Anywhere is fine, as long as it’s on a TAMU bus route and preferably not on North Gate.

My daughter application has not changed, it’s discouraging all this waiting time . Still reads consider for Team Only ugh no 7 tabs

3 Likes

@saltsun23 for sure select something ON the A&M bus line.
Do NOT rent anything from Asset Hero/TNT Properties (same company, changed names to dodge ALL the negative comments). They’re crooks, horrible to deal with, multiple parents have current lawsuits against them.
Northgate sure is convenient-walkable to campus.
Are you student or parent? If parent, highly recommend joining this page, use the :mag_right: to search specific complex names (good & bad), where not to lease, etc.
must have acceptance to A&M, must answer all questions. (No straight Blinn or PSA parents)

What does this mean? That if someone got 3 choices, TAMU admissions is waiting until March 1 to get back to them on their decision?? Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the summary and it gives us hope! My DS opted for Blinn Team and hoping to hear next week so that we can start working on next steps.

2 Likes

Many received 3 choices on January 31.

1. Blinn TEAM Only
  2. Blinn TEAM or Waitlist
  3. Waitlist Only
    If you received this, you were told to respond by March 1st. They said that they will wait until after March 1st to make some of the decisions for this group, based on the responses that they receive by that deadline.

It sounded to me like, if you haven’t heard anything about Blinn TEAM at all yet, you would likely not be offered Blinn TEAM until maybe after they sort out what they want to do with those who already received the 3 choices on January 31. I could be totally wrong, but that was my impression of what she said in the 1pm Pathways presentation.

If it’s right, why they send out TEAB decisions before Mar 1st?

1 Like