Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I think it’s safe to say all full admits have been notified for engineering. I can’t imagine they would be sending out alternative for seat space and not have notified all full admissions first.

4 Likes

Here you go, from the TAMU Q&A:

Do college credits I earned while in high school count toward completion of the TEAM program requirements? Yes. Transferable credits earned prior to beginning the program will count toward completion of the Blinn 45-credit hour requirement, but course grades earned at other schools will not affect the Blinn or A&M GPA. After a student has begun the TEAM program, courses completed at schools other than Blinn College or Texas A&M University will not count toward completion of the TEAM program requirements.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

1 Like

LSU has great engineering. My brother finished there in petroleum and has had more professional opportunities than he could ever have dreamed of!

3 Likes

@Fj23 only grades from classes taken AT A&M make up your gpa.
All DC will appear on transcript-with grades shown-but classes taken anywhere else never factor into A&M gpa.

It’s been two weeks since a large batch of students were offered the Blinn TEAM / wait-list options on Jan 31st.

Other than some full admits and Engineering TEAB offers, I haven’t seen anyone post on here or Reddit for a non-enginering Blinn TEAM offer or get a response to the options.

Had anyone else heard differently?

3 Likes

We’ve heard nothing. This waiting is just really hard. What could take them this long? It seems like historically it hasn’t taken this long for TAMU to get back to people after they made a choice.

2 Likes

Still wondering if the March 1st deadline to choose from the 3 options causing the delay?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting quite antsy. I was offered the choice on the 31st and answered BLINN only by the end of the hour. Still nothing.

2 Likes

Haha. Cinco Ranch refers to TAMU as 2.0 as well. But A&M is so big that unless it’s your friend group or maybe major, you’ll probably never see them. Mine transferred from Blinn (not TEAM) to A&M after one year, and it was less pressure and less expensive. I can completely relate to wanting a relaxing and rewarding environment after 4 years at a competitive high school! Good luck to him at Bama!

1 Like

Howdy, my son got accepted to Blinn TEAB (TEAM for engineering). He didn’t accept yet! Grr. He claims he has till May. He needs to sign up for housing. Q: will they give away his 1. TEAB acceptance slot or 2. housing if he doesn’t respond soon? Sorry if it’s a dumb q, I just do not know how this all works. I know if I weren’t TEAB accepted yet, I’d love to take his spot. Thx, s

He can sign up for housing and pay his $75 deposit to take his place in line. You do it through Howdy. You can call the Housing office and they will walk you through it. I did it yesterday. It was a breeze. I think you lose the $75 deposit if he doesn’t accept. What other schools is he considering?

1 Like

@Suzytexas3 is he able to log into A&M Housing portal? if he has any interest in A&M, pay the non-refundable $75 Housing deposit NOW. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid. Dorms fill up, the later you wait, the lower his selection will be, and shortly they won’t be guaranteed.
If he decides not to attend A&M, cancel Housing contract by April 30.

1 Like

Was he given the three options of TEAB, Galveston, or McAllen? If he did not affirmatively choose TEAB, then he will lose that spot. If he has 7 tabs on Howdy, then he is safe but definitely needs to pay the $75 for Housing if he has even a hint of interest at living on campus. I guess if he 100% knows he wants to live in an apartment and he has 7 tabs, then he can wait until he fully decides and signs up for NSC (which is the acceptance of an offer).

How hopeful are we that tomorrow we will have some TEAM offers extended? Waitlist offers? @ChristiR93

1 Like

My daughter received an email from AIS, so she signed into Howdy. 7 tabs do not appear, but her major was changed to Blinn Team, but Application Status is still Under Review. Eeeek…hoping notifications are coming soon.

6 Likes

That’s great!!
Did she just receive the email? Or was it earlier today?

1 Like

She just got the email this evening.

2 Likes

My daughter got the email too and her major just changed to blinn team too!

7 Likes

I got that too. Does this mean acceptance coming soon or did it just update?

1 Like

We are new to this so I’m not sure, but I’m hoping that’s what it means.