Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@MyD has she taken ACT?

No, I thought ACT was more suitable for her, so she tried it at home last year. But the score wasn’t good. she didn’t take any real ACT because she thought it was difficult for her more than SAT

2 Likes

Thank you for asking me :slight_smile:

1 Like

just correction. not 560. r/ w 580

1 Like

“534 people have starting the application for admission to Texas A&M. 5 have completed the online application. What are you waiting for?”

Post above today from Corps page… interesting I thought.

Anyone receive AIS access yet to upload SRAR?

Good day everyone!

Does TAMU provide full scholrships for international students?

Thank you

1 Like

Son applied on 1 Aug in Apply Texas. It was transmitted that night. No email from TAMU yet with AIS instructions

1 Like

Submitted application before noon on Aug. 1. Still waiting for AIS. Hopefully today will be the day.

Side note: Does anybody else think the 534 number sounds really low? I had the idea that a lot more people applied on the first few days than that. Maybe that’s just people who are interested in the Corps? Not a big deal, just curious.

4 Likes

Where can you see these numbers on people who applied already

@Odiljon_Khojimurodov here’s a link that could be helpful

https://iss.tamu.edu/Resources/Scholarships-Financial-Aid#:~:text=This%20state%20of%20Texas%20scholarship,pay%20all%20applicable%20university%20fees.

It was on the FB Corps of Cadet 2027 page by the admin.

2 Likes

Have you received you email back from TAMU for AIS yet. I read in did places 2-3 bud days and 5-7 bus days

Submitted around 4pm 8/2 and D23 has not gotten an AIS email yet.

Nothing yet for my son. Submitted 8/1 in the evening.

Same nothing yet. Son applied to 3 Texas schools and no emails yet from any. Maybe a Texas thing. Received instructions from one OOS and he finished that app. Applied on 1 Aug.

The email from Tamu with UIN should come by Monday for those that applied on the 1st. Last year it started showing up on the 6th.

I know it’s super exciting to get to this stage. Timing of the UiN email is no indicator of anything, just a big step in a large process. Setting up AIS will allow you to see all the things pending (transcript/rank/missing info, etc). Any supplemental docs, like resume, can be uploaded through here as well.

The biggest excitement is when you get “your application is complete and in review”. Then the wait begins and you become a stalker. You won’t mean to be, but you will. You’ll check that system, starting in September, every day twice a day minimum. There’s no big need. There’s another indicator before that that your decision is coming!

Enjoy the wait, ask the questions and support all users on here. Sounds easy until the decisions roll in. So just keep that in mind!

Happy Friday!

3 Likes

TY for the great update on the process.

2 Likes

My senior has been in summer band from 7am till 6pm at night every day and is really dragging his feet on completing the app. I think he finished the big essays and one supplemental question, but there is the leadership essay in the scholarship section and a few more short answer questions. Even thought it is HIGHLY unlikely he will get any kind of scholarship, I still think he needs to fill it out.

Thanks you for your detailed post.

The biggest excitement is when you get “your application is complete and in review”.

Does one get this status after application is complete in AIS from student side or is there anything additional from A&M admissions that kicks off this status?

Thanks!

P.S received AIS email just now. Applied 1st evening.

1 Like

At the end of the day, all we as parents can do is give them the facts on how the process has been working and what you feel is important on the timeline due to the possible consequences (of waiting til March for a decision if best foot isn’t put forward).

Trust me when I say, parents fret more about this whole process than the students. Mainly because the students have no idea of the competition in life itself. I’m speaking in general. I know there are plenty of kiddos that do.

Hang in there.

2 Likes