Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

We went through this last week and housing took around 36 hours to populate. I drove my son crazy for those 36 hours.

2 Likes

@DallasSr23 minimum 3.8-4.0 + all mandatory pre-reqs taken will be required to attempt to change majors into Mays, with TEAM Pathway agreement. And Mays won’t accept any student with more than 60 transferable hours (dual credit apply automatically, always wait to accept AP).
Applying for change of major to Mays, without a Pathway Agreement will most likely require a 3.9 -4.0, and only 100 spots are available.
No wiggle room.

1 Like

A friend who got her 3 options two weeks ago, also updated to 7 tabs this morning, major listed as Arts and Science. She applied as an ARCH major. The pathways for College of Arts and Science appear to be BIOL, CHEM, MATH, CHEM, STAT. Any ideas for an ARCH major and how they handle the transition? (I believe the specific major she requested was Environmental Design.)

1 Like

Yay! It happened. Now @52AG82, @FriscoDad and I can happily say we told you it would happen lol. JK I know we are all excited for each of you and hope the other outcomes for the waitlist/both option, follows suit

You can pick any major for transfer but yes, only a few have guaranteed pathway. As @52AG82 stated, getting in otherwise will be extremely difficult based on competitiveness.

Housing is next step as someone has stated. Keep refreshing and don’t fret about it. It will all work out. It’s okay if the kiddos are uncomfortable for a year. I promise

As for applying to Blinn… nope. Tamu handles that. When you got yo NsC, you’ll register for classes at both schools.

4 Likes

And remember @52AG82 she pours a lot of time into this as well! She amazes me with your many replies!!!

6 Likes

It’s just not guaranteed. She’ll follow the transfer or change of major sheet for the major she wants but have a backup.

1 Like

7 TABS THIS MORNING!!! major changed to blinn team!! This is good news, right?

4 Likes

How and when do we sign up for NSC?

2 Likes

Any advice on what first steps should be? The Howdy portal does not provide any guidance that I can see.

1 Like

I am reading these posts–happy for everyone–and thinking there should be some all-caps, large print advice next year at this time to always listen to @ChristiR93 , @52AG82 and @FriscoDad . You are each a wonderful resource for parents/students and advocates for TAMU.

12 Likes

@52AG82 - That makes sense for those majors with pathway agreements, very competitive and you better meet agreement requirements to transfer into one of those majors.
My bigger question is for those majors without pathway agreements. For example, Education which does not have a pathway agreement. If you were accepted into Blinn TEAM, but ultimately want to get an Education degree, can you apply to Education after you complete TEAM, or are you allowed to only transfer into one of those majors with Pathway Agreements where you met the agreements requirements?

Update: I just noticed above that @ChristiR93 answered my question that you CAN apply to transfer to any major, just not a guarantee. Thank you both for answering this.

3 Likes

@DallasSr23 Education isn’t near as competitive, minimum 2.75 gpa, max 60 hours. Student would need to discuss with TAP advisor the route she was planning, take appropriate Edu pre-reqs and follow transfer major timeline.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/b073dabd-e0a4-46f4-8c66-991ceb9a17d2/2022-2023-Education-EC-6-and-Middle-Grades-TCS.pdf

*for admitted students, it’s called ‘change of major’; ‘transfer’ students are those attempting to truly transfer into A&M from another institution

In the registration information in Howdy you are required to select a tuition rate code. Either a 4 year locked rate or a variable rate. I assume the 4 year rate is best as it is based on current rates. It is unlikely to go down in future years. Any advice on what to select here?

@bhebert449 this is asked ALL THE TIME on parent pages. It’s truly a personal decision.
If student has TX Tomorrow Fund/TGTP, they automatically select Fixed.
There is no one right answer.

1 Like

Received this email from TAP this morning and just sharing for anyone in the same boat…again we selected the option for both TEAM and Waitlist based on the number of dual credit hours my daughter has:
My honest opinion is that by selecting both waitlist and TEAM you haven’t decreased your chance of being selected for TEAM. It’s just that it will take a while longer for the Admissions Office to know if there will be any admissions from the waitlist. If you can be patient you can keep the possibility of full enrollment alive.

1 Like

Worst case scenario say you don’t reach the 3.8 is it super difficult to transfer into a major like ECON from the maya pathway with TEAM?

*Mays

What does 7 tabs look like? What even does 3 tabs look like?

@Fj23 i can’t stress enough… EVERYTHING at A&M is competitive. Sports Passes sell out, there’s not enough parking or dorms, class registration can be a nightmare, dorm selection is a BEAST, joining clubs & orgs is incredibly selective, on & on.
Nothing will be ‘easy’. Here’s the current Econ change of major sheet (which can easily be found using Google). Says minimum gpa 3.0, but doing the ‘minimum’ at A&M is never a smart decision.
I don’t know much about Econ (I’m a Mays parent). All depends on how many apply, how many they accept (Ex-Mays only accepts 100 change of majors). Econ/Liberal Arts page should say.
Both Mays & Econ won’t accept students with more than 60 transferable hours-which includes DC, accepted AP, class taken at Blinn (for TEAM requirements).

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/33530f6c-0681-46fe-871a-c0ddc6006968/2022-2023-Economics-BS.pdf

2 Likes

If you are going in with a roomie and they have an earlier housing time they can pull you up. If not, then it’s easier to find a single room b/c all the singles going in do not put themselves in rooms with other singles, they instead put themselves in empty rooms. Go figure. Also, even if there’s not much left, you can stalk the housing page all summer and while people drop or decide to change rooms it is possible but not easy to snag a good room. The caveat is, you have to stalk the portal all the time. Not easy.

1 Like