Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Daughter got the 7 tabs this morning and major changed to Blinn Team. SO EXCITED!!! We are SO THANKFUL!! She also heard from Baylor yesterday. She applied really late and they got back to her in 2 weeks! :-0 However, her dream is to be an Aggie like her big sister! I am one proud Aggie mom!!!

11 Likes

Does anyone know if Blinn teams is offered to students with dual credit hours? My daughter has 24 hours. Wasn’t sure if this was even an option. She’s heard she is starting with too many hours to be considered for Teams.

Did she get the three options to choose TEAM only or TEAM and Waitlist or Waitlist, a few weeks ago? If so, what did she choose?

1 Like

@ChristiR93 yes, 7 tabs and son chose TEAM only! No update in AIS yet… ((can’t say thank you enough to the wise counsel of this group))

5 Likes

no we still haven’t heard anything back

This has been answered at least a few dozen times in the thread, with screenshots shared of exactly what the tabs look like. If you use the search feature, it will pull up all the posts and you’ll see what all the tabs are and where to find them!

Just some friendly advice, take the time to read through the entire thread (at least from September/October onwards) I PROMISE every single question you have will be answered tenfold. There are so many helpful and veteran parents here to take precious time out to answer questions, but the same ones keep getting asked repeatedly.

5 Likes

@SDEESE89 what are your student stats (rank, test scores, gpa) what major(s) did she apply for and when?

I’ll have 23 hours by the time I graduate and I got my tabs this morning.

1 Like

Do all hours go towards it or just classes that transfer? I’ve heard mixed responses.

All dual credit hours apply automatically. Some courses will count (meaning you won’t have to retake), but I doubt all classes will apply.
You’ll need to be very careful about which courses you take, not to exceed 60 total hours (if wanting Mays or Econ).
Google & Blinn websites super helpful.

Are all the admissions today from people that had been previously given options of TEAM or wait list? I haven’t had any activity, still in review.

Prior to acceptance, there were only three tabs across the top (I think Home, Applicant, and Howdy?).

1 Like

What does it mean by transferable?

@Fj23 all hours you’ve taken/accepted. Dual credit hours automatically apply, AP hours are accepted if/when student wants to use/apply them.
If all you hours are DC, they will all transfer, appear on your transcript.
You’ll want to discuss this with TAP advisor at NSC, if you decide to attend A&M.

Could you private message me? I wanna show you my transcript and have a few questions.

Anytime between now and March.
If this year they have more people picking “Blinn Team only” choice, I assume they may tally the total and then grant admission by academic index generated from SRAR.

Anything with “waitlist” will really need to wait it out, when waitlist will be cleared by NSC deadline of May 1st. Unless there are hot majors like Visualization and Engineering when they already have maximum locked in with NSC registration, they may put Blinn+waitlist to Blinn without waiting.

Timeline wise, this year has a little delay but no significant difference from previous cycles. And this is likely due to the new reorganization of colleges that they executed on 9/1/2022. College of Arts and Science became the biggest overtaking engineering and admission office has to be very careful to recruit the number of students TAMU can handle.

Message @ChristiR93, I don’t know much about admissions/transfer/changing majors…she does it daily.

1 Like

How do I message someone on here?

Click on her name @ChristiR93 , and it’ll have a Message button

1 Like

That options not there for me. Can I not do it from my phone?