Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Same with July 6-7. I saw it on there. Also it says Arts and Sciences because that’s what the transition program is in. That has nothing to do with pathways!

We have a S25 (Physics), so fortunately we have much of the admissions process figured out. Our S27 (Engineering) was admitted to the CoE through TEAB…so, the co-enrollment introduces some unique elements for us to learn and navigate. This thread has been an incredible resource!

A couple questions (I did not find these addressed with searches in 2026 or 2027 threads - apologies if I missed it):

1. Does opting for Engineering LLC (not Honors) mandate any activities or time commitments, or is everything optional? The benefits around tutoring, fostering a scholarly community, etc., are discussed but nothing that indicates what may be required versus optional as a member of the LLC. Given the challenges for ETAM (pursuing MEEN), S27 wants to be clear about any time commitments that may be required before signing up.

2. It’s my assumption that all the tutoring/learning support/faculty access afforded to Main Campus admits is the same for all TEAB students - though, that’s not expressly stated anywhere. The Engineering LLC makes no reference to TEAB students perhaps because the distinction is irrelevant from a ‘community access’ perspective. While math/science courses will be taken at Rellis, is access to tutoring or Academic Peer Mentoring (APM) the same, or does Rellis have a separate tutoring/support program specific to TEAB students?

We have emailed the designated contact (a couple times) these questions for Engineering LLC, but have not yet received a response. So, we’re hoping maybe some ‘veterans’ here may have some thoughts to share. Housing Phase 2 requires the selection for an LLC (which is the only critical decision for Phase 2 process), which will limit housing to Mosher or Aston ahead of Phase 3 opening (we want at have the LLC decision nailed before Phase 3 because we’re not looking to change our mind and go to the back of the housing line!).

We appreciate any insights or guidance.

My post was in refence to something that she mentioned earlier about her HS Class of 2025 kiddo who still wants to be an Aggie. Completely agree with you on the importance of test scores (hence my recommendation of a good online prep program) but even that isn’t enough… and who knows what the goal for test scores will have to be a year or two from now. The baseline is higher each year. If you want to have a good shot at full admission, you have to start early and ‘hit it hard’ from all angles.

UT Austin is a perfect example… many students with incredibly high scores and top 6% auto-admit get a soft decline by being denied their preferred major. EC’s, rigor, and essays absolutely do play a role - at some schools more than others.

2 Likes

I went to my financial aid portal and it says my FAFSAs been rejected and that I need to make a correction, but I called FAFSA and they told me that everything’s good and there’s no reason it should’ve been rejected. Has anyone gone through this?

When did you submit FAFSA?
Do you have the confirmation email that it was submitted?
I’d contact AggieOneStop Monday.

October. I think my dad got one but he doesn’t remember. Tamu did receive it though so I’m guessing it did go through. Can their financial aid office fix this? I called FAFSA and they gave me a transaction number to tell Tamu.

@Fj23 contact them right now (they close at 5:00).

I tried and they said they had the max amount of calls. I’ll try Monday. Have you ever seen this happen?

@Fj23 I don’t know anything about FinAid or FAFSA, other than my husband and Aggie submit it together every year and give me a copy of the confirmation to keep for my A&M file.

It can be difficult to get in touch with AggieOneStop. I suggest getting in the queue-
Submit the info from the link below, email them and continue to call. This weekend try to dig up the FAFSA confirmation email that was sent. The more information you provide, the better.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/resources/contact-us/contact-aos

Will do! Thank you! Are they open Monday since It’s Presidents’ Day?

@Fj23 no idea? Students don’t have a holiday.

1 Like

My daughter submitted Fafsa yet I couldn’t find anything when we both looked in Howdy, is it too early on the game and it will come later or by now it shoild be understood there is nothing to look for ? NYU Shanghai did offered loans optkons and Pell Grant,

@LourdesPl71 next to positive incoming freshman Financial Aid hasn’t posted yet. April maybe?

No time consuming commitment, just engineers living close by so your student can ask questions on homework or tests easier. Once your student advance to sophomore or junior, your student can help the incoming freshmen.

1 Like

My son is accepted into Engineering at TAMU Galveston, and we are looking at housing options.
Anyone here has any comments about the residence halls?

@Yang_Liu2 i don’t think it matters, campus is small, all dorms are about the same (from what I’ve heard). Don’t think there’s a ‘bad’ dorm. I’d look at their Residence Hall page, to see if there’s one where mainly freshman stay.
I have heard Oceans mentioned.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m going into A&M engineering this fall semester and was wondering if anyone had any tips to studying, living, saving money, etc.

There are dorm tour videos on You Tube.

1 Like

Hi all, maybe this question was responded before, sorry if repeating it, but I am so confused still… like you all my DD was accepted at TEAM but please tell me what happens if for whatever reason she can not maintain the 3.8 GPA…does she has to pick another major? TIA

@Hijos2

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM#:~:text=What%20is%20Blinn%20TEAM%3F,a%20community%20college%20(Blinn).

1 Like