Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@ChristiR93 @52AG82 @FriscoDad We’ve got a changed major to TEAM under the Manage Applications link!!! Praying we wake up to a nice surprise to start our Thursday!!!

11 Likes

Do you know if they offer this campus for economics majors?

2 Likes

Absolutely not the case. They’re already accepted as a freshman. You can take summer credit. It’s only if you apply for spring after high school or take gap year that you can’t take any college credit and apply as freshman.

3 Likes

Yes, economics is offered through PSA. The PSA system schools that you are offered are based on you meeting entrance qualifications at that campus. For instance, I had the choice of all eight participating PSA system schools, while my friend only had one choice. Also, your system school options are NOT based on your major. Here’s what the TAMU PSA q&a site says:

Question: What if the system school doesn’t have my intended major?

Answer: The major choice at the system school does not matter. System schools who do not offer your intended major will place you in General Studies to allow you the opportunity to take the required coursework for PSA.

@Steve6
Great post and questions as we parents try to help navigate and guide our children through this process.

We are in the same boat…my son is also interested in Mech. and if he was going for any other major he would choose TAMU in a heartbeat. He’s pretty driven and currently in 5 AP classes, 2 of which are Physics and Calculs AB…but no coding offered at our school. He was accepted through the Galveston route, which we don’t know much about, so we are going this Friday for a tour and to sit down with the engineering department to get some more questions answered. Depending on how all that goes I think it will help him make his final decision….TAMU or Texas Tech (guaranteed major & offered Merit scholarships).

*on a side note- our neighbors son is graduating TAMU this May with Civil and was very bright but struggled a lot his first year and half…it’s taking him 5yrs to finish and the last year he’s struggled to get into classes. They had to jump hurdles and finally with advisor help got forced into a class he needed this semester to graduate. I do worry how competitive things are in CSTAT.

2 Likes

That isn’t correct. We received email and access and have not registered

1 Like

Good points. My junior daughter had a 4.0 after her first year, making ETAM stress free. Her first year was by far her easiest year, Aero courses are not easy!

My entering TEAB son is underestimating how difficult this is, though. He has never had to work as hard as his big sister, and that puts him at a disadvantage going into next year. Coding/engineering and physics will be a breeze for him- but chemistry and possibly Calculus may be his downfall.

1 Like

Has he visited UT Dallas? If not, definitely visit. It’s a completely different college experience from A&M.

UT Dallas feels more like a commuter school.

2 Likes

@J_Fruge anxious to hear what you think about Galveston tour! I rarely hear anything negative about the campus. Huge plus is much smaller classes!
It would be hard to pass up guaranteed major at Tech tho, including a scholarship! Won’t get that at A&M. Tech has a great Engineering school.
About your neighbor, it is quite common for Aggie engineers to take 4.5 years to graduate, it’s a tough program. And yes, classes can be hard to get into.
EVERYTHING at A&M is competitive…

2 Likes

4.5 years also because more required credits by about 10 to graduate. Most other majors are 120.

1 Like

I’m sorry - coming in late on this. Did your son switch majors in the applicant portal while he was “complete and in review”? My son has still heard nothing - no alternate paths etc. Applied for Engineering/Construction Science.

1 Like

Kudos to your daughter! AERO is very tough, the second toughest in TAMU. Based on stat BMEN is the toughest, not just in TAMU, from our career survey, the toughest major in entire Texas. Only a very small percentage can follow the degree plan and graduate in 4 years.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat as your son. I am still in review and have heard nothing. Applied to Technology Management in the College of Engineering as my first major and construction science as my second. Not expecting to get any updates till march

2 Likes

Reddit is full of posts today about “change major” buttons disappearing.

Just got the official post! She’s an Aggie! TEAM acceptance in AIS.

11 Likes

Indeed- she is taking 4.5 to graduate. But- that is really because she had one super tough semester and opted to fully withdraw that semester. She had all her core courses covered by AP credit, so has been able to take 12-13 hours every semester. She has a great internship lined up this summer and has been doing amazing work in a very intense leadership position for an aero specific activity. Her college experience is much different than my very laid back social sciences double major. I took 18 hours every semester and didn’t work nearly as hard as she is working.

1 Like

Yes, my daughter is Gateway and paid her deposit for Fall Housing. It takes a few days though for the housing system to catch up/process for you to see the buttons to complete this step.

1 Like

@FriscoDad would u recommend trying to change from waitlist and team to just straight blinn team or would that reduce my chances at this point?

1 Like

Read over @R2027 's comments from the past 24 hours. It worked for them, but who really knows how it would be handled for someone else?

2 Likes