Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is what it says…

"You have been placed on the Waitlist and are being considered for TEAM.
Please continue to monitor AIS for updates to your admissions status.

There is no guarantee you will receive either option. There is also the possibility that an offer of full admission may be limited to majors that have space available. In that case, you would be asked to choose a new major from a list of available majors before accepting your offer. If we are unable to offer you full admission to the university or TEAM, you will be offered the Program for System Admission."

I read that to mean PSA will be offered if full admission or TEAM isn’t offered…does it mean something else?

1 Like

If it says that, then yes, she’ll get offered PSA.
What are her scores/stats, what major did she apply for?

Ag Leadership and Development and University Studies
3.93 and 1300
She also has some dual credit hours, but hopefully too many that it interferes with the TEAM option.

Is there a system school option that is actually in College Station? Or will she have to live in Corpus, Stephenville, Prairie View, or Canyon (etc) for a year? I seem to recall hearing the Intl had classes in College Station, but who knows where I saw that at this point.

Wow, hard to believe she hasn’t been offered TEAM yet.
No system schools in College Station, closest campus is Tarleton.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman/program-for-system-admission

We are also disappointed she hasn’t been offered TEAM yet. She was top 19% of her class, she’s held a job, and has won numerous equestrian awards and honors. She was accepted to Tech and WT immediately and both of those schools have made some really nice financial aid offers. I feel like TAMU’s delay has dampened the excitement about her next steps. I’m going to keep thinking positively though…it sounds like no matter what, she will have an opportunity to enroll.

1 Like

Choosing waitlist will have to wait it out. Usuaully end of April when NSC closes. Some PSAs offered early if the majors are already overcommitted and enrollment target already reached early before the NSC deadline.
Texas Tech Rawls is a solid option.

We had to change from waitlist and Team to Team only to get offered Team, then happened in 48 hours. Didn’t want to worry about housing but still waitlisted.

We made the same change early on and received TEAM.

2 Likes

Interesting…so what would be the benefit of staying with waitlist and TEAM? Could TEAM fill up and waitlist never materialize?

3 Likes

Good question. It depends on majors, if the major student applying is competitive and overcommmitted, it is bad idea for waitlist. Overcommitted majors easily reach enrollment goal (NSC registration count) that’s why some suggest waitlist likely leads to PSA.
For majors not very popular and less competitive, waitlist may lead to full admission, there is no data showing how many waitlist lead to full admission and even if they have the data, it heavily depends on majors as mentioned above.

2 Likes

LOL…as with so many things relating to this process, that is clear as mud! :wink: She listed Ag Leadership and Development and University Studies as major options. How popular are those?

1 Like

Since your student haven’t received PSA offer, that means the majors still haven’t reached the enrollment goal (NSC registration count) so just have to wait.

1 Like

I have a question about housing at a&m. So I heard that if you plan on rooming with a friend who submitted their housing app earlier, you basically get pulled up to their spot in line. So if I were to submit my housing app November 1st lets say and then my friend who I’m planning to room with submits their housing on April 1st so they will still get pulled up to my spot in line. Or is April 1st already too late. So basically I’m asking if that rule applies regardless of when the later roommate applies. If someone can help me understand this better. Thanks

Help help help! So I accepted my Blinn TEAM offer a couple weeks ago and starting withdrawing my applications to other colleges. However, some lady on Facebook has got my stressed out saying that only the pathway for business is remaining, which wouldn’t be the path for me as I want to go Pathway to Allied Health. Has anyone else heard about TAMU getting rid of all of their other pathways in Blinn TEAM?

@Boss77 there’s been Temp & Wait Lists since end of February, for dorms. April 1 might or might not even get Wait List. Only those who have been admitted AND paid housing deposit prior to Temp List started, can ‘match’ with someone.
Has the April 1st friend not been accepted?

1 Like

He has been accepted its just that he’s still waiting for some decisions at other schools. So he hasn’t submitted the housing app yet. So I’m assuming he can’t even match with me if it was for white creek apartments or anything like that right?

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

Take a look

That’s why I’m confused. They’ve only posted the pathway for 2023 on business ONLY…

@Boss77 it NEVER pays to wait-for anything-at A&M. The ONLY way friend could room with you, is if he pays RIGHT NOW, and somehow gets off Wait List…AND if there’s a bed available in your White Creek unit when if/when he gets off Wait List.
Needle in a haystack. You won’t be able to ‘hold’ a bed open, and every bed will be taken, given that Temp & Wait Lists started a week earlier this year.
Slim to None chances. Friend might not get a bed anywhere on campus at this point.

1 Like