Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Just means the other majors haven’t updated their 2023-2024 pathway agreements yet.

1 Like

Oh okay good. I was getting a little worried that they didn’t have agreements for them anymore.

Alright I understand. Also another quick question. Do you reapply for housing for the second semester? Like what I am trying to ask is like maybe after the first semester if a room opens up then maybe you could get that room with a friend? I am pretty sure that’s not how it works but I just want to make sure.

1 Like

Probably just not updated. They wouldn’t get rid of all those agreements.

2 Likes

@Boss77 housing contract is for the academic year, but you pay by semester.
If a student doesn’t get a bed in the fall, I’m not sure if they would be able to move on campus, IF a bed came open. Biggest problem would be, friend would’ve had to sign a 12 month lease to live off campus…ZERO chance at breaking that lease.

Dorms are FULL. Temp List can start out in study halls and renovated closets…that’s how full dorms are. Some students will decide to move off campus, drop out after school starts…then Temp List kids gets placed in vacated rooms. Some Corps students decide they don’t want to be in the Corps afterall, so ResLife finds them an empty bed somewhere. There’s never a surplus of empty beds & rooms.

Oh ok yeah that makes sense. Also I’m not sure if you know this but is phase 3 when you like match to a roommate or find one to connect with? And also when does phase 3 open or like when does it usually open?

Yes, Phase 3 is when you can ‘match’ with a roomie, if you have one. If you don’t have one, you just go thru dorm selection on your own and grab an open bed. A&M doesn’t match you, or place you in a room with someone. Everyone selects their own bed.
In April, all students will be notified when their dorm selection date is. Most likely starting early May, can go into end of May/first of June. You’ll have plenty of time to make arrangements if you have a conflict during your selection time (example-AP test, graduation, etc)-you can give your log in to a parent, friend, etc and they’ll select for you.
Phase 3 should open very soon, maybe after spring break?

Alright I understand the housing process a lot better now. Thank you for all of your help.

3 Likes

Sure! ResLife website is pretty thorough. There are video tutorials about dorm selection, every dorm has photos & info, be sure to read your housing contract closely, also.
If you haven’t taken a dorm tour yet, highly recommend doing that between now & Easter.
Being overly prepared is critical.

2 Likes

@sdouglass23 assume you’re the student?
If you’ve got a parent that’s on Facebook, strongly suggest they join this page. Parents Only, no students, must be admitted to TEAM. Seasoned parents that can answer most questions.

1 Like

I am! I’m pretty sure my mom requested to join that group so we’ll see what they say on there. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Go @52AG82! Great info and quick replies. You’re always so helpful and knowledgeable!

@sdouglass23 As for the Facebook post lady… don’t listen to panicked first time parents. Trust me. They panic, post, then they may research. Team would not have just a Mays pathways. That would make zero sense.

Also, just because your major doesn’t have guaranteed pathway, it doesn’t mean you can’t choose that major. You still work on that degree plan and follow the requirements for transfer. many students don’t complete team, they transition over early either as a straight transfer or waiver from Tamu.

4 Likes

Son is admitted to TAMU engineering with first year at Galveston. We plan to visit both CStat and Galveston, but is it a good idea to go during spring break?

Will there be guided tours (it’s okay if it’s too late to sign up)? Will most buildings be locked even during the day? Will the campuses be so dead that it’s not reflective of the atmosphere when school is on? Any advice on parking, or general advice? Thanks!!

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone has enough knowledge to give me some advice but I am looking for someone to give me the typical available dorms based on when the housing app was submitted. Like let’s say between october and november, all of hullabaloo dorms get taken. Then between November and December the modular dorms get taken. And so on. Looking to see if anyone could give me a general timeline of when dorms typically get taken up and which dorms get taken up at what time. I applied for housing like late January so I’m assuming I’ll be left with all the bad dorms even though I was hoping for a modular dorm so.

@Aggie557 paying deposit in late January is definitely late. Hullabaloo, Northside Modulars and all Singles (there aren’t many, scattered among a few dorms) will all be gone by end of day 2 selection. Only those that paid deposit the first 2 days of earliest acceptance in September, will get Hullabaloo, Northside Modulars or a Single.

Southside Modulars might have some openings, paying deposit in January. Commons, especially Dunn, seem to be the last to fill. White Creek-apartments located on West Campus, but considered on campus housing-should have some rooms available, too.

If you can match with a friend or someone, who has a higher dorm selection date, that person ‘pulls’ you up with them
If you’re going in as a true single/no roomie, there is a shot at getting a bed in a Northside Modular…you’ll just have to grab any open bed, can’t be picky about side of hall/which dorm, etc.

2 Likes

Alright that makes sense. Me and my roommate both submitted housing app in January so there really isn’t an option to move up a lot in line. I was hoping for north side modular but I understand that is not reasonable. What do you think are the best options for the dorms that we will have available? I guess maybe south side modular would be the best if it is available. If not then I guess the commons is the next best. I’m not sure how I feel about the distance of white creek. What do you think?

@Aggie557 being brutally honest…you’ll be lucky if you can find ANY room open for two.
White Creek are apartments, I think 4 to a unit? Not sure it there are any singles or units with just two.
Looks at ResLife website for details.

If you have a parent who can join one of the 2 Parent Pages, that would be helpful. Once a student has selected, they can go back in and view what’s available. So many nights, the deeper it gets in selection process, parents will post what they can see-like which dorms still have true open rooms left, etc. That would be helpful to you.

Dorm selection is fast & furious, you need a plan. It would be super advantageous to ask a friend, or someone on Parent Page, to log in the night before your selection time, to see what they can view. Beds literally disappear before your eyes, before you can add them to your cart.

Alright I understand. I’ll look into white creek. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

@yikkblue not sure about TAMUG. I would assume it might be pretty deserted-but I could be wrong.
College Station will definitely be empty, BUT there will be lots of ppl doing tours, baseball & softball season going on, it won’t be as ‘dead’ as you might imagine.
We live an hour away, and our favorite time to be on campus is over Winter break. Less traffic to fight, easy to park and walk around. You can actually SEE the campus.
Highly recommend going to CS, at least, over spring break. Weather is supposed to be nice next week, too. You’d definitely need to make a campus tour appt, can’t just ‘walk up’.
Download A&M app-has great info, Parking, walking directions, etc.
Make note that Galveston will be crazy crowded, due to spring break. Might have a hard time finding a hotel room, traffic on & off the Island will be brutal.

1 Like

How long does phase 3 stay open for if we need more time to find roomies?

1 Like