Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

For those who were offered and selected both Wait List & Blinn Team…I know someone who was offered TEAM this morning!
Check AIS if still waiting on a decision!

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that several people who chose Blinn/waitlist were given “Opportunity Majors Program” yesterday.

3 Likes

@Tee2 do you mean PSA (Program for System Admission)? Or is Opportunity Majors that new program that basically plugs you into majors that aren’t full?
Either way, sounds like final decisions are coming out.

“Opportunities Major” is something new they came out with this year. They are offering full admission but you can only select from a list of majors that has room/hasn’t filled up yet

2 Likes

4 Likes

@Momof3B thanks, I dug around and realized that’s what it was. Crazy! I guess it would be okay for someone who is willing to be an Aggie, no matter what major.
Has your UT/Aggie boy made a decision yet??

2 Likes

Not yet…he’s really struggling with this decision :pensive:

Two outstanding choices! :ox: :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nope, it’s not PSA.

TEAM admission came today!!!

3 Likes

My daughter chose BT & WL on Jan. 31. Today she got an email asking her to go to manage applications and to mark her preference for the TAMU st identify directory.
When she goes in to Howdy is says:
Freshman
2023 Fall
General University
College: UN
Degree: BAC
Site: College Station

Thoughts on what this means? Does it mean she got in, but has to pick a different major?

2 Likes

Yes, she got in but will have to pick a major under the Opportunity Majors Program, which is new. Opportunity Majors < Texas A&M Catalogs < Texas A&M University, College Station, TX

4 Likes

I saw Ocean Engineering on the Opportunity Major list. How does that work? I thought you had to ETAM to get Ocean. Is it a direct admit?

This Opportunity Majors Program is so new, you might want to reach out to the engineering department about that. If it works like the engineering majors under PSA, there’s no ETAM.

2 Likes

Petroleum Engineering is also on the list. I don’t think you can get into PETE without going through ETAM. Maybe the two engineering majors listed apply to transfer students who meet the requirements. Also, this list is for 22/23. It might be different for the upcoming school year.

Regarding switching majors once in the Opportunity Majors Program, from TAMU’s website: “Students admitted to an opportunity major will only be allowed to change majors to another opportunity major with one exception. Students who complete 40 hours with a 3.75 GPA after one year with at least 30 hours in Texas A&M enrolled courses, will be provided the opportunity to apply to change major to a non-opportunity major based on the availability and selective process of the college/department. Please visit the catalog appendices to find the Opportunity Majors for the 2023-2024 academic year.”

3 Likes

@Tee2 meaning…it’ll be next to impossible to change majors, be happy you were offered something.

1 Like

I just got engineering honors! Maybe they are releasing some today.

2 Likes

@Brilliant-Worry-6717 biggest perk will be early class registration & potentially smaller HNR Eng classes. Congrats!

2 Likes

Hi guys, I got wait listed for my accounting major and today I got put into the General University category which means I have to change my major. My question is can I change my major to something like Finance? Or do I have to select a completely different field altogether.