Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Hike_and_bike the 9th is the 3rd selection day.
3 time slots per day.

2 Likes

My daughter time is May 19th at 12:30
:sob::sob::sob: that is one of the last ones I guess ??

My son has won this award through college boards, but we have not received anything from TAMU. You said it’s a guaranteed scholarship? He will be a Freshman this fall-

My son is May 9th as well, hope it’s early enough to get the dorm he wants

12.30 is probably the middle slot that day, if I were guessing.

@Eburm70 what dorm does he want? If Hullabaloo, probably not, but should have a shot at most others.

Yes he would like Hullabaloo, nice to have two rooms and share a bathroom but he likes Haas and a couple others. He does not have a roommate and is going pot luck .

1 Like

He shouldn’t have much trouble getting Haas, if he’s going potluck, there will be rooms with 1 bed taken/1bed open, for sure. IF the occupying student has filled out a bio, he can read that quickly.
Wouldn’t count on Hulla suite available (assuming you’re meaning the 2 small single bedrooms/1 bathroom/small shared common space? They changed the names of them somewhere in the last 3 years). There aren’t many.
There will also be some open beds in regular rooms in Hullabaloo, not many, but some.
He’s got an advantage going in without a roomie!

1 Like

I got May 17th @ 4:30. Any ideas for what dorms will be available? I have a roommate. I know white creek should be available. Is there any chance for modular?

Thank you so much

1 Like

They changed it this year. Last year was the last year it was automatic. Starting this year it is competitive. Having the award from the college board makes you eligible for the scholarship but it is not automatic anymore. Only some receive that scholarship now. If your student was going to get the national recognition scholarship it would have appeared in their financial aid portal already.

@Aggie557 not going to lie, that’s pretty late, especially trying to find an open room for 2. Southside Dunn is usually last to fill, and White Creek will probably have space for 2. You just never know; the hardest part will be finding a true open room for 2…
It’ll be important to find a friend (or parent of a friend) who has already selected, to go into portal the night before you select-they can view what beds are still available. You’ll need that info, so you can go straight to those dorms, and not waste time searching.

Yeah I understand that. Any other specific dorms other than Dunn you think could be available?

@Aggie557 probably random Southside dorms, changes every year. There’s no way to gauge.
The good news is, once school starts, rarely ever do I see dorm complaints on the parent pages. Occasionally some roomie squabbles, Mosher tends to have some sort of flood every year (pipe or potty burst), but that’s it.
You may not have much to select from-thats why it’s super important to be familiar with every style dorm, locations-so you can make quick decisions. And find a friend or parent who can check for you the night before your selection time.

Alright that makes sense. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, I just spoke to the University, and I am absolutely heartbroken to hear this. My son was not offered a scholarship. I don’t think he could have worked any harder ,he had high test scores, high GPA scores, had leadership and extracurricular activities etc, etc. he was accepted early, and we were really hoping on some sort of scholarship, especially when life this past year has been exponentially more expensive. They said they had been receiving a ton of calls from national merit scholars and national recognition scholars about dropping their policy for a automatic scholarship. Such a bummer.

I did see that you mentioned there are a lot of opportunities other than the scholarship on campus for Aggies that have won this award? Where can I find these opportunities? I would be so incredibly grateful for the information! Thank you!!

1 Like

I’m sorry! That is disappointing. Tell your student to watch their A&M email and sign up to go to things they are invited to. Any opportunities will come via email. Also make sure your student completes the scholarship application for returning students every winter.

TAMU has stopped giving out automatic scholarships to NMS/F? It’s still on their website as of today…

There must be some miscommunication. NMSF/NMF scholarship is guaranteed.
National Recognition Scholarship is NOT.

3 Likes

Is your son NM semi or finalist? If yes to either, they are guaranteed TAMU PES (Presidents Endowed Scholarship). NM Finalist also receive additional $.

National Recognition is no longer guaranteed $ at A&M.

1 Like