Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son chose LLC for dorm selection and has been assigned Mosher Hall 3rd floor. Is this a good dorm and/or floor. I think there are no elevators. But want a general feedback from users if this Southside Commons dorm is good for his freshman year. Thanks!

It will be great! Thousands and thousands of aggies have lived in Mosher. There’s a reason they put LLC’s there - it’s very conducive to building a community and it’s super convenient to food, sports, MSC, etc.

3 Likes

Yes! Great dorm. Commons have a wonderful feel to them. Rooms are small but you can make it super efficient by lifting bed and putting desk etc under the bed.

Also right next to golf course and smalller rec facilities.

2 Likes

My son was assigned a room on the third floor with a room number followed by “A”. The other room numbers we have seen are not followed by a letter. A friend told him he thinks that is one of the “repurposed rooms”. Can anyone provide insight on this?

What do you mean ‘assigned’? Is he in the Corps? LLC? Engineering Honors or UH? Only those programs don’t select their rooms, everyone else hand picks their exact bed.
Never heard of a repurposed room. What dorm?

Thank you so much. You put me at ease.

Thank you so much for the reply. I’ll let my son know.

Could it be referring to bed A (vs bed B or C or D)?

1 Like

Give a little more context? My kid has a letter attached to her room number but based on my knowledge of the dorms, it’s fine. Through the years, some dorms have moved around which rooms house RA’s, study lounges or tv lounges and so numbers have evolved. No one is getting a broom closet, I don’t think.

My daughter’s room has a number and an A. It’s not a repurposed room.

1 Like

it probably refers to beds, as stated above. In one room, there’s probably bed a and bed b.

1 Like

So if me and my roommate are choosing tomorrow at 12:30 then do we have no chance at 2bed 1 bath in hullaballoo?

There could be a few true open rooms for 2 tomorrow, but there won’t be the ‘suite’ rooms (Single-2BR suite).

Fyi, I just started the Class of 2028 applicant page. If you know any juniors, send them there. And be sure you pop in and help others with this process if you can.

4 Likes

Anyone know the current cost per credit hour and student fees at TAMU?

anyone from temp housing hear anything yet

@bhebert449 AggieOneStop can answer your question. Remember that 12-18 hours are flat rate tuition at A&M (meaning taking 12 hours is the same price as 18hours).

Every student gets tacked with a University Advancement Fee, every semester. Whatever your fall freshman fee amount is, it stays that same amount until graduating. You can google what the fee covers.
This fee is always a source of discussion once the bill posts. And there are lot of other fees, but for some reason the Univ Adv fee catches everyone off guard.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/

I wouldn’t expect Temp Housing to hear anything, until dorm selection is over. At that point, they’ll know how many beds are open.

I’ll see you over there for round 2!

Thanks for the response. For Blinn Team students taking 6 hours I assume the charge is per semester hour and not a flat rate tuition?

1 Like