Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Auto-admit can skip anything recommended or optional. Review-admit better fill out everything (in case common app has a glitch)

Just because applicants are not auto-admits doesn’t mean they won’t get any grant. If your family income is less than 130K in 2021 tax return, and you file FAFSA and apply for scholarship, accepted students will get some grant.

1 Like

" How do you list the course credit (or its not required in SRAR)?"

If the course is not part of the GPA calculation, or affect the type of your high school diploma, you do not have to list the course credit in SRAR.

1 Like

It’s a separate website that you link to to TAMU once you get AIS.

https://srar.selfreportedtranscript.com/Login.aspx

The TAMU admissions page has video instructions and you can find them on youtube as well.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/resources/future-students/college-readiness/srar-tips

Thanks for the reply. I agree timestamp is mostly irrelevant unless up against the closing deadline, but for some that either want to be accepted in first wave or are worried about their major filling up, it does matter to some degree (for example if you completed your application Aug 1 but not SRAR for a couple weeks).

That is why I was wondering what they consider “official”, if anyone knows.I guess they can’t review without everything so that may answer the question

Thank you sir.

Oh for sure timing of completed application matters. I think i just got hung up on the phrasing if time stamp. Majors are on first come basis.

No matter how strong your application is, if you are not auto, you will not hear back in the first September wave. Maybe if you have near perfect scores, but even then I believe they hear back after auto on the first round.

And for those autos… please please please listen. If you want Mays, you cannot wait til the deadline or even mid October to apply and expect to get it. I don’t care what admissions office says. If you are set on Mays, then apply before September to give yourself some breathing room. Every cycle and I mean every cycle, there are students/parents on here that get frustrated because no one told them to apply early and that they had no idea majors couple fill up for auto admits.

That’s my PSA lol

4 Likes

My son’s school is looking to send recommendations in October instead of as soon as we send out the application. He is applying to engineering. Should we ask his recommenders to send it in early? He will apply to A&M now but I don’t LOR to be a problem. Any suggestions?

LORs are completely optional. Definitely won’t make a big difference that they come in October. I wouldn’t just have 2 come in from the school though. Teacher/advisor LoRs don’t hold a lot of weight. Tamu will only accept 2. So if you’re dead set on them, do one from school and another from someone who really has something to say about your child outside of academics. Coach/scout leader/ employer etc.

I’m not trying to be negative, just don’t want anyone to waste too much time on these.

1 Like

Thank you!!

ChritiR93 will you include on the information about engineering on the post when you share prior timelines of responses? I was wondering about unranked engineering when they would hear if they apply early. This may be a FriscoDad question since I know he does a lot of engineering.

Yes. I will include all the dates and majors (that were reported) on the timeline. A lot of engineering that apply prior to Oct 15th will be deferred til January. It’s very common and not an indicator of acceptance.

I’ll also say now while no one is emotional in the process. IF you’re engineering and you get the option to choose Teab/waitlist or both or Galveston, make sure you choose wisely. If you choose Teab then you hear within a weeks time. If you choose both, you’ll hear sooner than waitlist only. Waitlist only can get denied or psa. So… know your options/pathways and what you can live with TEAB is an amazing offer.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

@ChristiR93 @FriscoDad
If I do not complete the Scholarship section of the TAMU application in CommonApp; will I still be considered for the National Merit scholarship if I qualify as a National Merit Semifinalist or National Merit Finalist ? Thanks!

NMSF or NMF scholarships don’t need application so you are fine.

But note that if you are NMSF or NMF, you are likely qualifying for more scholarships, why not applying all?

3 Likes

Thanks! There is a 300 word essay in the scholarship section; thats the tough one. Rest of them are short and easy to do.

1 Like

NM semi and finalist automatically qualify for A&M Presidents Endowed Scholarship. You’d be crazy not to apply for University scholarship application.
You won’t get it, if you don’t submit application, and won’t be eligible for any other university awards or scholarships for freshman year.

1 Like

Hi, just wondering here….my sons checklist is all checked except where it says……

Class rank (top ten percent)

The following are checked off :white_check_mark:

Fee
Essay
Transcript
SRAR

Shouldn’t they be able to get class rank from transcript? Should he call the admissions office and inquire?

It’s just a timing issue. They’ll review and check it off. No worries. Give it at least another week.

1 Like

They are waiting to process the official high school transcript (process as in matching SRAR and high school transcript and confirming the top 10). If your son already sent the transcript, it will be updated shortly.

1 Like

Hello All, my last kid finally submitted everything last week. Everything green-checked today!

Her first choice is Engineering, second is MIS. I tried to convince her to apply backup schools but she just want to follow older siblings’ footsteps.

FriscoDad you know a lot of Texas schools, I have a question many keep asking, any reason why Mays rank much lower than UT McCombds and UTD Jindal in undergraduate business in usnews? Another question, do you know of any good engineering majors in TAMU that is not extremely competitive?

3 Likes