Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Applied Admitted Enrolled report.

Yes, last drop down has top 10 percent and non top 10 percent.

Mine also has “not applicable”. Do you know what that means? If a school does not rank then they are neither Top 10 nor Not Top 10. All I can think of that is non-ranking, but I am new at this and defer to experienced ones in this process. Do you concur?

Something that has been bothering me.
When you submit an application to a college. Suppose it has all REQUIRED things. You plan to send a recommendation (optional). But its possible that the college gives a decision before it gets the recommendation letter since its optional. If its a ADMIT its okay but a NO-ADMIT would be bad.
How does a college know that a recommendation letter is on its way and it should wait to DECIDE on the admission decision.

Great question! This is an issue at our current high school!

The “non-applicable” refers to transfer, Master and PhD. If you select Entry Status as “First time at level”, the Non-applicable will be gone.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad - do you suggest uploading the essays if the spacing was taken out in Apply Texas. My son’s main essay had the spacing between paragraphs removed. It condensed it. Same information but it sort of reads differently without the spacing. He is worried about it.

Thank you!

1 Like

College won’t be able to tell applicants have other optional items on the way, that’s why it is important to submit early.
LOR can be provided by someone outside school. Other than that, the rest (certificate/award, resume, test scores…) are pretty much controllable by the applicants. For auto-admit, official transcript should not have any delay in most high schools. For GDR (for review admit), as long as TAMU assigned ranking is correct, the timing of school counselors processing is not that important. But if TAMU assigns an incorrect (lower than student expects), opening a question in AIS will be necessary. It is also recommended for review admit applicants submit their official transcripts to TAMU.

1 Like

Yes for review admit, go ahead submit a formatted essay saved in pdf via AIS.

3 Likes

Thank you!

For the non-top 10% admits, where will it show where they are assigned in AIS? Will it be on the main screen? I want to be sure to see that information. I assume they look at where they also go to high school?

@Kris99 hopefully she’s already submitted her application? Incredibly important to apply early for Viz, since it is so small & competitive, it does fill FAST!

Review admits won’t get a negative decision til long after all supporting documents are due/received. Do not hold up the application for the LOR. They could and do make favorable decisions before the deadline.

If for engineering, that date is Oct 15th for early decision. December 15th typically tor all others.

Yes she sure has, thank you!

1 Like

The main page of AIS one of the green checks is “Class Rank”. If the high school detail rank it will show in fraction (e.g. 6/566), if the high school indicate top 10 percent it will show (Top 10 percent), if it is first quarter it will show (1st quarter).

DD added some activities in CommonApp after submitting. Does she need to notify TAMU via AIS or will TAMU get updated activities automatically? Thank you.

Yay, all four green checks in AIS! One thing is his application says Regular Admission in Common App. I don’t recall seeing an option for Early Admission, even though he is applying to Engineering. In AIS it just says Admission Type: Freshman.

I assume this is not really an issue. The only reason for concern is some folks are saying for other colleges, “Rolling Admission” people actually get reviewed after “Early Admission” candidates. Which I find super weird.

Our youngest got 7 tabs this morning!! This will be our 3rd Aggie kiddo. He’s top 10%, Sports Management major. Our oldest was auto admit, middle was holistic review & offered TEAM.
Boy, was this application process really stripped down from year’s past! Wishing everyone luck!

6 Likes

Congrats! Is Sports Management in Mays? Sometimes I think that major would be a good fit for my son but he sees starting salary info and thinks he wants computer science/computing. I do wish it weren’t SO HARD for kids from our HS to be in the Top 10%. To get there you have to have all A’s in 100% advanced/AP classes, take only the one year required Fine Arts and take summer classes. Oh and no sports. Can you tell I hate the auto-admit rule? LOL sorry

TAMU was the most lengthy application he had so far, how was it stripped down from year’s past?

My daughter’s NMSC Selection Index Score is 225, but, I think, she answered “No” to the question because the NMSFs have not been announced yet. Should she send her PSAT score report to the college? Is there an option to upload additional docs on AIS?

1 Like