Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Sports Management is in the School of Education and Human Development. My oldest was auto admit back in 2017. They weren’t using SRAR back then. My middle was holistic review so we sent literally EVERYTHING! Essay A, B & C, letters of rec…if they listed it we sent it!

2 Likes

At NSC this year they told us they normally admit 80 incoming freshman students and 20 change of major/transfer to VIZ each year. Big changes to the program though. With VIZ being the cornerstone of the new School of Performance, Visualization, and Fine Arts effective Sept 1. So I wonder if they will increase enrollment in VIZ or not for next year.

1 Like

You can upload the letter via AIS once NMSF announced in September. Congratulations!

No need if auto-admit.

If review admit, can ask a question in AIS, also upload the optional resume.

How many tabs should be on an applicant’s AIS? My son is a review admit. Also how long for them to update the SRAR?

AIS has 6 tabs, note that these tabs are not indicator of admission. It should show 1)My App Status 2) My Bio Info 3) My test scores 4) My Documents 5) My Communication 6) Contact Us

The Howdy portal 7-tabs are the one indicating admission.

2 Likes

I wondered this exact same thing! I sure hope so!

@Aggiiemom that’s awesome!
Curious, were they able to pay Housing deposit?

Submitted application To Texas A&M (Mays Business) for Fall 2023. Completed full scholarship section as well :smiley:

2 Likes

No, not yet.

1 Like

They already know who she is, I’m sure. TAMU loves their NM scholars. When my S21 applied, I advised him to put “Anticipated NMSF with SI = 226” or something of the sort in the awards section because with that score, you can be certain she’ll be NMSF. In the end he applied after it was announced so he modified it, but rest assured they already know she’s a top scorer. Enjoy the scholarship money!

3 Likes

If you are a review admit, does it go top 10% then first quarter, then second quarter…?

1 Like

Auto will get notified first if they apply in August. Then it will be all holistic review. They don’t go specifically by quarter. They will truly look at the entire application for review. Auto admits will continue to be accepted as they apply going forward.

4 Likes

Also put “NO” in the question about NMSF. But did include in CommonApp Additional Info Section that SI score is 228. Should be okay. Can upload NMSF selection letter to AIS once its announced.

1 Like

My 7 tab daughter gets an error message in the housing portal when logging in, as if it’s not linked yet. Is that what your student had happen or can they log in but just can’t pay deposit yet?

1 Like

Same thing here. From my recollection it won’t allow you to proceed with housing until they are officially notified of acceptance.

Actually last couple of cycles the housing portal was accessible after the tabs but this year those tabs came quick so there could be a lag time.

On apply texas for the A&M-specific questions, there is a question that asks if I have progressed to the national merit Semifinalist round. I think I have a good chance of progressing to this round, but since this information hasn’t been released yet do I just mark no?

Also, around how long should the application and engineering essay each be?

There is a given min and max word count. Generally you try to be close to max word count.

1 Like