Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I clicked on manage your application and application status says “under review” - I don’t think D23 application has been decisioned yet

Sometime between this post and now the transcript posted and has a green check/Top Ten Percent next to it. Just waiting for SRAR to show a green check now! Whoop!

4 Likes

@Hike_and_bike everything at TAMU is competitive😂

@FriscoDad is a whiz at coming up with charts & graphs, maybe he find some data on how many apply/accepted.

Actually Engineering Honors for freshmen don’t have limit so most auto-admit can get in and some review admits can get in with good Honors application essays.

It is keeping the honor status at times can be challenging. Falling off 3.5GPA will receive probation. And each engineering program has its extra requirement so a good percentage of honors students dropped off by senior.

2 Likes

The difficulty will be the same as compared to full admit College Station students. TEAB nowadays is mostly spill over when main campus runs out of spots. So some review-admit students with good scores but apply late (by regular deadline) get TEAB. TEAB is usually offered after second review so earliest will be late January.

2 Likes

Has anyone been to Discover Aggieland? Is it worth the expense? Got an email from the regional advisor with an invitation in either Sept. Or Oct. They cover lodging and food. We would have to do flight and transportation. Wondering if using our miles/$$ is worth it for the experience. We can make it work, but want to make sure it adds value. We did a full tour in April.

1 Like

@kcoug26 arent you the one whose kid received a goodie box from TAMU? If so, and you’re getting invited to Discover Aggieland -with lodging & food paid for-I would most definitely make it happen for your student to attend.
What major is your student applying for? Are they Auto Admit?

@martinezcs didnt your daughter attend Discover Aggieland?

2 Likes

Yes, she got a fun swag box a month or so ago. I think we may just have a great regional rep? Im not sure. Is it unusal to get that invitation to Discover Aggieland? She gets invited to all kind of virtual things and does try to attend when possible. Things like essay writing workshops, meeting with the department she’s interested in, and a sample lecture is the most recent. She is not “spectacular” in any way. Not National Merit. Top qtr, OOS, great ECs, but compared to things I’ve read on here I would say she is just a very typical, well-rounded, sporty kid. Kinesiology is her intended major.

@kcoug26 i don’t know ANYONE who has ever received any kind of ‘swag’ from A&M. I’ve also never heard of A&M inviting people to weekends, and offering to cover lodging and food. There’s something about your daughter they must see & like. I wouldn’t turn it down…if she’s interested in attending A&M.

1 Like

That is good to know. Thank you so much for the insight. We will discuss and figure out how to get her there. She may end up going by herself although they do include the food/lodging for up to 1 parent as well. She is very interested in TAMU. We would require the 4K competitive scholarship for in state tuition to make it work financially, and understand those are very hard to come by. This is very exciting thinking that they find somwthing special about her. Because of course as a parent I think she is just fabulous, but am realistic enough to know there are thousands of equally and more fabulous kids than her also applying for the same scholarships and admittance.

1 Like

I would absolutely find a way to get her there. Still shaking my head at the swag bag…before applications even opened?? UNHEARD OF.
Don’t pass up this opportunity.

1 Like

Is she an athlete? They do roll out the red carpet for prospective athletes!! In either case, I agree she should go!!

Definitely go. Also, if you or someone can go with her, that will be ideal. Very exciting. What weekend is it?

1 Like

One option is 9/25-9/27 and the other is 10/13-10/15. We would have to go to the one in september. She is a very good athlete, however, not to the caliber of a top D1. She could play her sport at many smaller schools, but that is not the college experience she is looking for.

1 Like

Interesting that neither weekend is game day. I guess they truly are wanting her to discover Tamu without the hype.

2 Likes

Twin 2 has 7 tabs in Howdy now and this under Overview

AIS is still showing App Under Review.

Not able to sign into Housing yet.

3 Likes

They do play Arkansas the day before, but we realistically cant get there early enough to make the game based on flight schedules. We would love to do catch the game, but will have to be happy with post game excitement.

1 Like

A&M/Arkansas game is in Arlington (Dallas).

1 Like

Good to know!! I definitely would not have known that!!

2 Likes

@kcoug26 @52AG82 My daughter didn’t go to Discover Aggieland specifically. She went to several other recruiting events- most expenses paid visits- hotel, parking, food. Lots of swag. They have a lot of different recruiting events for different target students. They followed up with a summer dinner at an Italian restaurant for about a dozen DFW area students and a parent each and a sendoff party at Main Event. They even had a rooftop pool party at the A&M hotel conference center during howdy week and they are having a LEAD Summit reunion next week. She went to everything she was invited to except a national scholar visit that didn’t work scheduling wise, so she did that one virtually. They do great events. I say go to any they get invited to and register early. They do fill. Lots of swag, networking, entertainment - games if one is happening during the visit, the yell leaders, breakout sessions on different topics, the Aggie Wranglers. She received scholarships at two of the recruiting events. Most of the events had about a dozen students with one parent each. The LEAD summit was bigger. I think 80 students at that plus 1 parent each.

5 Likes