Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Last year my daughter was auto admit. Applied at the beginning of August and first round of official acceptances were Sept 23rd. The clues of acceptance happened before that (9/17 for the 6 or 7 tabs vs 3 in Howdy).

4 Likes

Thanks for the detail timeline. What major is it?

She was admitted into Mays.

Are there anyone know when is the earliest admission dates for Engineering’s? Thanks!

1 Like

If you’re slam dunk, you hear before Oct 15th. I think some heard in September last year but I’m not at my office to check it.

1 Like

Do you have any data about number/percent of auto admits that are not offered any type of engineering pathway? You are such a wealth of valuable information—I know we all appreciate your insight!

1 Like

My D19 was notified of engineering around Oct 12. I think that was the first wave for engineering that year. She was accepted to TAMU mid September.

I don’t think auto admits get something other than engineering. You may get TEAB or Galveston but you’ll get a pathway at a minimum. And if you don’t want a pathway, they’ll have you change major to something that is open.

1 Like

@FriscoDad and @ChristiR93 - if you are an engineering review admit - do you get accepted into TAMU first like someone said above and then wait on engineering review?

In previous cycles, all admitted (auto or review) engineering applicants will have review, it is more of a verification or account set up process, later all admitted engineering students will be changed to general engineering.

My friend stated her son found out in September he was admitted to TAMU and then months later into engineering. Has that been the trend the last couple of years?

The engineering review is part of the process and will continue this cycle.

Few auto-admits were way behind in math and science and the review may suggest those few to other majors. Majority of admitted students with 4 math and 4 science high school credits it won’t be any issue converting to general engineering.

As friscodad said, they will review course rigor and sat/act scores. If they don’t feel like the student will succeed in eng at main campus, they may suggest Teab or to choose another major. I have seen this in every cycle for an auto admit. But most who are auto, will get into cstat main campus if they apply before the Oct 15th deadline after that it becomes more about space on campus.

If you’re auto and find out you’re in eng review, you’ll most likely roll into genreral engineering by Early October.

1 Like

For those of you applying TAMU engineering with auto admissions , 1550+ SAT, lots of math and science classes , and coding experiences, do you think the essays are still very important? We want to apply early but don’t feel we have final good essays.

Um no. The essay is not very important at all. Write a decent one but don’t hold up the application for a perfect essay. There will be no issues with admittance.

Now if wanting scholarships, then those essays carry more weight.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I know NMSF gets scholarship from TAMU, is this also depended upon essays? or essays don’t matter that much if you just want to apply NMSF scholarship. Thanks!

I am not the scholarship guru at all. So I’ll leave this question for @52AG82 and @FriscoDad or anyone else who feels good about their intel.

Sorry I can’t help further on this.

1 Like

NMSF is automatic. No essay required.

Craig and Galen Brown Foundation scholarship (Brown) is the prestigious scholarship for high achievers. Requirement listed here https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Scholarship-Programs/The-Craig-and-Galen-Brown-Foundation#0-Eligibility

TAMU admission will automatically forward NMSF applicants to the Foundation for review. So everything in the application including LORs and essays will be reviewed. Detail here https://brownfound.org/

2 Likes

@clouddream23 personally, I wouldn’t ever blow off, or not even submit, essays. You never know what scholarships or perhaps honors programs, might be dependent upon a strong essay.
NMSF & Finalist will automatically receive TAMU President’s Endowed Scholarship, which is the highest academic scholarship at A&M. A&M loves all levels of NM, so chances are high those students might receive other awards/scholarships.
ALWAYS fill out/submit scholarship applications, FAFSA and essays, you never know what you might be missing out on… that’s what I tell my Aggie!