Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks Christi!! She has several dual credit & a couple of AP. (Our private school offers JBU and Honors, but only a couple of AP classes). She put business as first choice, communications second.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the timing is different for OOS students? My daughter applied 8/4. Thanks!

Last year it looks like first round with OOS commenting on acceptance was October 21st

1 Like

When can we expect to start seeing in-state, strong stats, top 25% holistic reviews acceptances?

With top 10 not having their official word yet, it’ll be a couple of weeks roughly after that when holistic will start to hear.

2 Likes

Where will I find the housing payment area? My daughter has 7 tabs with admitted in overview. I want to jump on that ASAP!

1 Like

Top Ten …Application Status just changed to “You’ve Been Admitted!”

I can get into the housing portal, but can not apply for housing yet. Guess that will be coming soon.

8 Likes

Should have a link on the right side of Howdy home page. If not, try below link

Housing normally takes a few days after admission as you can tell it is in another portal.

1 Like

It just takes me in a loop of “apply for housing” then to the “housing portal” then to “apply for housing” HA! Thinking it is just not ready for housing applicants quite yet. I will keep trying and see if anything changes

Thank you!

Just checked my twins’ AIS…both (auto admit) are still showing App Is In Review.

For Reference My son applied August 1st submitted 2:35
Agriculture Life Sciences
Ecology & Conservation Biology

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Exciting! Thanks for sharing the update! D23 applied 8/3 (auto admit, has had 7 tabs for over a month) and her AIS is not updated yet (for those curious…)

Interesting, do you remember when you got 7 tabs? We are top 10%, submitted application 8/1 and got 7 tabs on 8/12 but not seeing a change today, at least not yet.

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly, but maybe two weeks or so after he applied. Probably about the same time you did.

Twin 2 applied on 8/28, it was Downloaded by TAMU 8/30 on and he had all the green checks and went in to Review with the 7 tabs on 9/2. First Choice major: Mays/Second Choice major: Econ

Twin 1 submitted his app on 9/11 and by 9/16 he had all the green checks and 7 tabs. First Choice major: Comp Sci/Second Choice major: Computer Engineering.

My top 10 DS applied 8/6–7 tabs for over a month ago. Still under review as well.

2 Likes

Still under review

Dear Daughter applied for Chemical Engineering the first week of August. Right outside the top 10%. Would have been easily in the top 10% at our other local HS but she’s in a specialized academy at her HS location.

5.225 weighted GPA
3.664 unweighted GPA

17 AP classes including Calc BC, 4 Physics (1, 2, C, E&M), Chemistry, Super Chem, and 2 AP Comp Sci classes

Good extra curriculars and solid resume including part-time jobs, multiple Python summer camps, and Robotics Club

31 in one sitting on the ACT with a 34 in Math, 31 in Science/English, and 28 in Reading

Do you think she has a chance of at least being offered a pathway? If so, in which round of notifications do you think she might be?

She hasn’t done very much test prep. We’re trying to decide if she should cram in some test prep before the Engineering Review deadline in October. She and I were debating whether or not it would be worthwhile to take the residual ACT test on campus at TAMU.

2 Likes