Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

At a minimum she will get a pathway. Hang in there. Solid course rigor, rank and scores.

Fingers crossed for top 10% decisions today!

2 Likes

I’m getting very impatient with the decisions process this year. All of my other automatic admit friends that have applied to other state schools have gotten in. I applied on August 1 (I’m top 8%) and got my 6 tabs in the 15th of August so we’re way past the "typically receive decision in three weeks). I wanna get admitted so I can stop stressing.

I get you want to jump on housing… but you are admitted. You’re automatic. You are admitted just don’t have the wording yet. Don’t get frustrated on this part. There will be plenty of other things that will warrant that feeling along the way!

2 Likes

@GpPsych are all those other state schools as competitive? Have 50kish applicants? Doubt it.
Pace yourself, there will much bigger issues in your college career…

For engineering, engineering review normally starts after early action deadline (October 15th). Auto-admit is mostly considered accepted unless student is short of 4 high school math and 4 high school science credit.

@22hope Hope this helps you find us!

1 Like

Thank you! It was loading from the bottom so I was looking at the really old posts at the top of the thread. I found the current info. Thanks again!

1 Like

Update! I was able to login and complete the Phase I application and payment for housing. I had checked at noon and didn’t have access so it just opened for within the last 2 hours.

3 Likes

that’s awesome, thank you for sharing that!

Also, everyone be sure you get an email stating Phase 1 is complete. Every cycle there are people who think Phase 1 is done because they paid their deposit… and low and behold, there was something missed. Time stamp is the time that Phase 1 is complete… so look for that email.

3 Likes

YES!!! There are a couple more steps after the payment step. Then you will get an email confirmation…

You successfully completed Phase I of the Halls & PayBySem Apts - Aug2023-May2024 application.

*Phase II of your application will open on *9/26/2022 13:52.

3 Likes

@Merle1 congrats! Just know it doesn’t matter AT ALL what dorms you list during any of the phases.
But you’ll definitely have your top dorm pick by registering today. I suggest taking a dorm tour over Christmas break or in the spring, to ‘see’ them again, be certain what you want.
The hardest part is done-yay!-shy of trying to get a parking spot (which happens in early summer and is a true lottery draw).
Celebrate!!

1 Like

Thanks!!! I have a class of 24 Aggie that played in the Dorm Hunger Games and was able to get into Hullabaloo in 2020. Lucky for him his room mate had one of the first couple day dorm pick times. So true about the parking!! He got West Campus garage and would bike to Hullabaloo if he needed his car until he got bumped up the waitlist to North Side Garage. It’s crazy how much is the same yet so totally different with admissions!!

3 Likes

@Merle1 ahhh, you’re a veteran parent! Then you know…it’s Smooth Sailing from here! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I’m still receiving login error for housing. Is it open today?

My high school doesn’t rank after the top 10%. The AIS ranked me in top quarter, does this give me a good chance of getting a full acceptance?

1 Like

@shruti1 depends-what are your test scores, rank, gpa and what majors did you apply to?

@Lm95ag Housing portal did indeed open today. Student won’t be able to log in until they have acceptance.

1 Like

You would think they would admit all top 10% with all documents in same time then open…

4 Likes

My school doesn’t rank past top 10, but i’m 1st quarter on AIS. 1350 SAT, 4.14 gpa, varsity swim team 4 years, NHS member, and lifeguard. 5 AP classes, rest are honors. Almost all A’s. 2 solid LOR’s and solid essays. Applied late August, 1st choice major is biology and second is neuroscience.

1 Like