Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Except for dorm move in time selection. :rofl::rofl:

I’ll be honest. It’s a crapshoot. My daughter’s best friend had similar stats and only got offered pathway, which was not an option for her. And she didn’t hear a single word until the day before Spring Break.

2 Likes

So, is there any one else who was able to apply to housing today other than the one parent who posted?

My son applied August 1 for May Business school auto admit and got 7 tabs early on. We still don’t have the housing portal open or admission either, hoping for tomorrow!!!

3 Likes

My son is auto admit. No acceptance message in Howdy/AIS. Now able to log into housing portal this morning (previously received an error message on attempting log in), but now there is a loop that sends you back to the reslife homepage when you hit apply. So a little progress has been made!

3 Likes

Same here. Top 10% applicant. Received 7tabs about 6 weeks ago. Applied 8/7. All green check marks on 8/10. Admitted Sports Managment–visible on My Dashboard/ Overview since 8/15. Finally able to log in to housing this morning but limits how far you can go. AIS/ Manange Application status still saying under review! Will keep monitoring!

1 Like

@voda2013 have you been able to register for Housing yet?

1 Like

@Shruti_Venkateshwar last year, the trend for Biology majors with your stats, many were offered pathways (and offered in the spring, those not Auto Admit).
Have you taken the ACT? 1400+ on SAT would up your chances. Are your AP classes heavy in math & science?

SAT if math and reading are even, then it is ok. But note that 1380+ will greatly improve your chance. Don’t get misled by google or common data set (CDS) which shows much lower SAT range. As you already know top 10% students have less incentive to get high SAT/ACT unless they aim for scholarships.

As for GPA, will need the unweighted GPA (i.e. max is 4.0) to gauge.

If your 5 AP classes include AP Chemistry and AP Biology, make sure you also send the AP scores and double check to make sure it shows in AIS. Last cycle those with 4 or 5 college board scores were favored.

If your goal is pre-med or pre-vet, the correct program is BIMS. It is currently under College of Veternary Medicine and Biomedical Science. Biology and Nueroscience may still work but labs and BIMS classes will save 1-2 semesters.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Able to get into Housing👍

2 Likes

We got into housing but there are no links to the application. I don’t want to log out in case it doesn’t come back… kind of like when Chandler and Joey didn’t want to turn off the free p0rn… (current reference, I know. :wink: :disguised_face:)

Edit: According to the video, it seems like there should be 3 tabs on top and we only have one. So now we wait for tabs… again.

Yep, some people have the Housing Applications tab next to home, and others that can get access to the portal today do not. So strange how this is working so far this year.

Did anyone get housing access but no Application tab earlier, then the Application tab just magically showed up later?

@LaFinalista if you were able to get into Housing portal, and it isn’t working, I’d call ResLife.

1 Like

AIS finally updated with Congratulations on your admission to Texas A&M University!

Housing portal open but no application tab…will keep checking. Manage Application still says Under Review. So different from year’s past! Will keep checking on housing!

4 Likes

Same here! So glad to have this done! I worried way too much about this lol!

3 Likes

We got the “You’ve Been Admitted” with a link to the housing portal this afternoon. The housing application does not appear to be on the landing page (or any drop down menu on the housing website).

Top 10%, but still under review for engineering.

1 Like

Same here! Housing says it may be another 2-3 days before information crosses over to them

1 Like

Did you call and get that information about 2-3 days? If so, I’m going to chill my refreshing button finger.

We also got “You’ve Been Admitted!” in AIS portal today. Top 10%. We applied for Engineering - it’s still “Engineering Review”

4 Likes

Yes, I called Residential Life and they said it may take 2-3 days. It seems there has been a delay in ResLife Housing Portal opening registration for admitted students but the way she described it was vague. They recommended “checking the housing portal daily”. That seemed to indicate it may open at any time so it may still be worthwhile to check more often than that! It seems that at least one other student on this forum was able to register the same day the acceptance came through—so who knows!!

1 Like