Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you so much! I sincerely appreciate your opinion. We were going to spend the weekend applying to more out-of-state safety schools. I’ve convinced my daughter to hold off a little longer. She’s already in at UArk and OU with scholarships.

1 Like

Hi I am an out of state applicant, wondering if anyone’s gotten accepted yet?

I should’ve replied back earlier (especially to @FriscoDad and to @ChristiR93). My daughter got in on Wednesday of this week (11/9), and, to my surprise, she got into Mays. We are still on a high on this. I absolutely had no doubt that she would get into TAMU, but I assumed it would be the College and not Mays. Again, she was not auto-admit, as her Class Rank was 1st Quartile, but not Top 10% – closer to about 23%. Fortunately, TAMU (at least Mays) looks at test scores, where she excelled. Thanks for helping me deal with the anxiety.

10 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Yes, my D was admitted last month, engineering.

Hot dog, @SlimJim005 !! I was sure hoping to see this post from you! YAY! Yes, A&M does still value & take into consideration test scores & resume.

Make sure y’all have taken care of Housing deposit!

If you are on FB, there’s a great admitted to Mays, parent only page you’re welcome to join.
Must answer all questions (when it asks major & name, type in she’s a new acceptance, major is BUAD). Super helpful page.

@SwimMomMandy see the FB link above :arrow_up: for a Mays Moms/Dads page you can join. Great page!
Must answer ALL questions.

That’s outstanding. Thank you for sharing the great news and the stats! Good to see Mays still has some spots! As @52AG82 said… now get on the housing app if staying on campus first year!

FYI… I love being right. I just went back to look at initial post… lol nailed it.

2 Likes

Congratulations !! Can you please mention her test score and when she applied

thanks!

1 Like

Congratulations to all those who have been admitted!!

I just found this website, but my initial search didn’t find any posts on Construction Science admissions. Any thoughts on my son’s chances?

He sent application in on August 14, 2022.
He attends a highly competitive HS in Austin (he’s not in top 10% and it’s a non ranking school)
Weighted GPA is 98.357 or 3.93
SAT is 1350
Strong Academic Schedule throughout high school
We didn’t use a college advisor to help him.
He’s applying to Construction Science
Has worked at some construction job sites the last few summers.
He really wants to attend A&M and I think he’d be okay with Blinn Team.

It looks like both @ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad have a lot of knowledge. If no one knows, no problem. I just need to be patient! (for context, his older brother Aggie Class of 2025 submitted app at the end of Sept and had lower SAT/GPA and was admitted to Mays by Nov 1).

Thank you!!

1 Like

My daughter applied for construction science on similar stats on Aug 1. Hasn’t heard yet, but I asked this group and they told me to be patient. CS is a small major and unless you have a very high SAT/ACT (apparently over 1420) it may be Jan-Mar to hear. And sounds like lots of kids with incredible stats are getting declined recently so have a good backup plan. Ugh.

FWIW - My best friend’s son found out over Thanksgiving weekend two years ago with no ACT/SAT submitted. Competitive private high school - non-ranking but he got assigned top 25%. He got Econ - which is a very big major. So I was hoping we’d hear around Thanksgiving too but after reading this board, I’ve reset my expectations both on timing and likelihood of admission. I remain hopeful though.

If both our kids get into construction science maybe they will be friends!!

Gig em.

1 Like

Maritime Academy is amazing. Which major? I have a son in marine transportation….my son absolutely loves it!!! Fantastic job opportunities after graduation. If you want a job when you graduate you have one. Out of all of the degrees offered at TAMU main campus and Galveston campus, including engineering, this job has the highest average starting salary. They do take a little longer to respond. I recommend calling admissions directly. If you can’t get answers you need then ask for Rob in admissions. He is amazing and very helpful.

1 Like

This is so helpful @RachelMTAMU94! Thank you for your response. Good luck to your daughter! I will reset my expectations as well.

1 Like

It is a small college for sure and while your kiddos stats are competitive, they aren’t super high. So be prepared to wait it out. I know it’s so hard, but hopefully in January you’ll get the decision you want!! What was second choice?

Thank you@ChristiR93! I appreciate the honesty and I am sure in the end it will all work out! He’s pretty independent (didn’t want help) and I just asked him by text what he put down as his second major and he responded “nothing.” !!! Oh boy. So, it might not work out for him, but sometimes you gotta learn the hard way!

Just dropping in to say, “Howdy from behind the orange curtain, too!” Good luck to your son!

1 Like

Ha ha ha!!

Aren’t kids the best? :woman_facepalming:t2: But honestly, it Tamu wants him and CS is full, they’ll ask him to choose a 2nd major. No worries.

1 Like

Yes! Thanks again. It is reassuring to know that we just need to be patient.

1 Like