Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Let me look into it and get back to you.

1 Like

I sent you a private message.

1 Like

Howdy everyone, I applied on August 1st, have a 3.9 W gpa, 29 act, (27m, 27s, 35r, and 29w) am VP of my school’s StuCo, I’ve been in basketball for 9 and 10th, and track 11th and 12th, and my school doesn’t rank past top 10 but AIS put me in 1st quarter. I applied for animal science and food science as my second choice. I have two questions: 1.) do I have a decent shot of getting accepted? 2.) Should I have any hope of hearing back before January? Thank you for your time, and gig’em :+1:

I think you have a shot, but higher probability of team maybe. Your stats are solid but applicants are crazy competitive each year so it’s hard to truly chance a 29 at this point with top qtr. if your course rigor is high, that will help. Along with your essay. Your EC is pretty standard. Something needs to stand out.

I do not think you’ll hear before January. If they give you option for team/waitlist/or both, I suggest you choose team and get along with it. Those that waitlist or both, don’t hear til late march (some not all) and some get PSA at that point too.

I’m putting the cart before the horse here, but just throwing that out there because It hasn’t been discussed yet this year.

3 Likes

Twin 1 is out of Engineering review and officially accepted to College of Engineering! :tada:

14 Likes

Can someone tell me where the housing tab or link will be for the deposit once they are accepted? My son’s Howdy shows the 7 tabs this morning and I want to make sure we know how to pay the deposit. Thank you!!

1 Like

under the “Student Life” tab, go to Housing > On Campus Housing > myHousing Portal

2 Likes

Congrats. Would you mind sharing stats with the group?
Major
Rank
Test scores
ECs
When applied
Anything that stood out to admissions dept?

LaFinalista posted a screen shot of it sometime earlier. When you are in the housing portal, on the top left will be a “Home” tab. A day or two afer 7 tabs, AIS/Howdy will show acceptance and a day or two after that, a new tab will open on the housing portal next to the home tab “Housing application”. Good luck and congrats!

1 Like

Applied 9/17
7 Tabs 11/6 (Dashboard/Overview shows admitted also)

Major: Visualization
UW GPA: 3.9
ACT: 30
AP: 8
4 years Marching Band with leadership roles, multiple volunteer hours

8 Likes

edit that to 7 tabs on 11/16

Congrats on Viz! That’s awesome. Thank you for providing info.

1 Like

Just found this forum and the wonderful information being shared among the anxious parents. From what I have read thus far, it seems some holistic admissions have come through already? Just curious if anyone’s child has been admitted under Psychology major. All the best to everyone and look forward to sharing our experience in this process.

4 Likes

Daughter applied to Nursing (Public Health) September 17th. 4.0 weighted, 33 ACT (35 Math, 33 Science), varsity athlete, lots of CS hours and leadership positions ---- still only 6 tabs :frowning:

1 Like

6 tabs? What are they? Are you in howdy or AIS? She will be accepted to Tamu no worries. But not sure why you’re saying 6 tabs. You only have 3 before you get 7. Also, check your dashboard. It’ll show the real status

@ChristiR93 There was another person who said this about 6 tabs too, but they were looking in AIS instead of Howdy. @Res_Judicata You need to log in to howdy.tamu.edu to see if she has 3 or 7 tabs.

3 Likes

Thanks. Was in AIS. Howdy page still has 3 tabs.

1 Like

My son has had 5 tabs for awhile.

@amityg is your student looking for tabs in AIS or Howdy?

Why is there so much focus on the tabs in Howdy going from 3 to 7? I assume that’s an indicator the prospective student has been given more access. However, shouldn’t the status in AIS be the answer? Also in AIS, wouldn’t there be an offer letter under the My Communications tab? Surely there is a more definitive means to determine whether you have been accepted than the tabs.