Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@momof3nbtx Tech & UA business schools are great! If he’s set on business degree, I’d look very closely at those. IF he’s offered Blinn TEAM, there are very specific classes he’ll have to take + close to 4.0, before applying to transfer into Mays. Mays doesn’t accept more than 60 total hours, which includes all DC and accepted AP (so wait to accept any AP).
If he’s okay with Communications or something else (Econ, if it’s open, for example), then hopefully holistic and/or TEAM will be offered!
Hang in there!

1 Like

@ham01 Sorry, I should’ve replied much sooner. She had a 1530 SAT (single sitting), and she applied August 30th.

2 Likes

Just curious is there a particular time that A&M releases decisions? Are notifications expected before Christmas for most majors? My daughter has applied to public health (Nursing) and just curious when we might hear something.

If you meant time of the day, usually Howdy update at 7am in the morning. AIS will update a few days later. If you meant releasing acceptance for public health, it is coming in the next three weeks for high stats, and majority in January.

1 Like

Thank you. Not sure if daughter is on the high stats cusp or not but will keep patiently waiting.

Your daughter is considered high stat if she ranks first quarter in AIS. Good Luck! TAMU expands public health in recent years (even though extremely hard to line up faculty) so chances are good.

When are Biology acceptances expected to come out for high stat applicants?

Most majors with high scoring and Q1 could hear before the Christmas break.

Do they ever release decisions on a weekend day? Or only on weekdays?

Any idea when construction science will release the next wave of holistic decisions?

Mostly weekdays. Decisions are loaded in batches, sometimes Friday may look like weekends.

Construction science likely January.

1 Like

May I ask what SAT score is considered “high”?1400 +or 1500+?

1450 plus is what I feel they now consider high. But 1400 plus should still get an offer or some sort (with top quarter).

4 Likes

My DS18 applied to A&M Engg for early action on 10/13 with 4/4 UW GPA, SAT 1360, STEM related activities and some social service. He opted for Honors option as well.

1. We still see only three tabs in the Howdy portal.
  2. Received invitation from Crops of Cadets to join; my DS wants to join and is waiting for admission decision. He thinks that receiving invitation from Corps indicates that the decision is will be positive. Could anyone comment please?

@despo-dad students must have acceptance to A&M first, before joining Corps. Did your son receive something from the Corps to apply? Visit?

Yes. He received email from TAMU Corps Recruiting with a link to express his level of interest. He indicated that he Will Join (WJ) if admitted to A&M.
He doesn’t know why/how this email came to him as he said NO to ROTC in the CommonApp.

@despo-dad interesting!
So what changed his mind, from the time he applied (and checked ‘No’) to currently (when he does want to join)?

I am not sure.
He is evolving and understanding things now… probably liked the lifestyle of a Cadet… It seems to be held at high respect and people say its West Point light!

BTW, back to the main question… does it indicate any positive decision?

1 Like

@despo-dad honestly no idea. I wouldn’t read too much into it. Admission/acceptance comes first, for everything. Is your son 1st quarter ranked by TAMU in AIS?
When you say ‘honors option’-did he apply for University Honors or Eng Honors?
Has your son done a Corps overnight? If he’s interested, he should!

1 Like

https://recruiter.tamu.edu/portal/corps_snwc_calendar_vNew

Thanks.
He opted for Eng. Honors.
Yes. he is ranked as 1st Quarter. I am not sure what it really means though.

For Corps, he hasn’t done anything even remotely related to Corps/military. however, he is karate blackbelt with two international bronze medals.

1 Like