Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

This doesn’t seem right…
For Aerospace, it shows 2020, 2021 admitted students are less than 5 out of 350+ applied… and enrolled as 14.

What are your setting compared to below? All freshman are general engineering but you may be looking at masters? Cant use this data to determine ETAM statistics. I think the 320 refers to freshman who put aero as first choice but not sure

1 Like

Thanks for the resource. We looked at that too and the numbers didn’t seem to correlate to what we were told by the dept.

We are in the same boat. My DD applied for engineering before October 15th. We still have not heard back. She is beginning to lose hope and we are all anxious over here.

2 Likes

I think they said if you met the deadline, you’d get some sort of word in December. So hang in there!!

1 Like

Hey guys, one more thing touching on Tamu waits for spots to free up… that is not the case. Tamu has an algorithm. They want to yield a freshman class around 10k -11k. They offer about 30k acceptances in some form or fashion to get their desired numbers of admission/enrollment.

This may help those on here that have been admitted realize they are not taking up a seat. They can take their time to make their decision as they see fit without fear of hurting someone else’s chance. I personally wouldn’t wait due to housing and nsc spots but that’s my only hesitancy.

6 Likes

Thanks, Divarose! That’s what we read, but the not hearing back yet still really has her anxious

1 Like

Here is what i am seeing with entry status as ‘All’.

There is a consistent error in admitted vs. enrolled.

Change entry status from all to first-time freshmen, because all includes transfer students.
When you include all, it confuses the spreadsheet because freshman are enrolled in general engineering whereas outside transfer students are enrolled directly into their desired engineering major. It’s probably good to look at first-time freshman and transfer students individually. This is my guess

1 Like

Engineering has ETAM year to admit to major. Accountability report won’t show that correctly.

1 Like

Well, the numbers are just too discouraging…

my son is ranked first quarter with 4/4 UW GPA and 1360 SAT along with a STEM EC on satellite assembly (similar to aggieSat) and raised crowdfunding for satellite launch…

we haven’t heard anything yet… however, we keep getting email from Honors program to reserve housing slot, to join Corps, etc… all of which needs admission as a first step…

pretty confusing though!

I did edit my answer above to guess why the spreadsheet is inconsistent with admitted to enrolled when looking at entry status all for engineering.
Wishing yall an answer soon. Doesn’t hurt to look into the engineering academies - same classes, same opportunities, different location for the first year. I have a senior aero and would not have thought twice about him going to the engineering academy at Brenham. Spots are limited

3 Likes

@despo-dad which Honors program-University Honors or Engineering Honors? Either way, that’s quite bizarre, and shouldn’t be happening. How exactly do they say to reserve housing?

I just found out my daughter’s application status shows incomplete today even though she applied before October 15th: Required document to show her class rank. School only ranks top 10%. She barely missed it. She filled top 20% in the application. However, she should say no class rank, I think. I think the required class rank will disappear if she changes to no class rank. However, does that mean her application is considered complete after priority deadline (October 15th) for engineer school?

Its for ECOS. my son already applied for Eng. Honors program. I am not sure if we are reading anything wrong

Edit: Removed the screenshot as it no longer relevant

1 Like

Did she submit her SRAR?

1 Like

Good question. And if her app says complete and not in review… she needs to call asap since final deadline has passed (additional docs still being accepted til the 15th I think).

@despo-dad thx for the screenshot. I think the key word is IF accepted into Eng Honors. I think it’s a blanket reply sent to everyone who applies, and they have no way of knowing if student has been accepted yet.
Hopefully your son will hear sooner rather than later! :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the kind words. We tried the link in the email, but it kept kicking us out. The last paragraph got our attention and we kept trying to lock a spot. Its weird that it allows us to login, but kickus out when try to select a dorm…

I hope you are right and he gets a spot in Aero… BTW, still see 3 tabs in Howdy though!

Not to burst your bubble, but I definitely think it’s an auto reply to everyone who applies.
No one can enter Housing portal until they have TAMU acceptance. It is misleading and can give false hope…not cool!
I chuckled at the description of Mosher Hall. It’s a Commons dorm, nothing special for sure! But, I guess, the support of other Engineering majors might be a draw to some?
Remember that all freshman Engineering students enter as General Engineering, then go thru ETAM process to get their chosen field. Aero is tough, will require a 3.75+.

1 Like