Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

He is thinking Economics in the College of Arts and Sciences for his second choice.

1 Like

My daughter submitted her application via common app Wednesday, august 2nd and is auto admit and wants Mays. She still does not have an email with an AIS link. But the application has been downloaded by tamu since Thursday. Is this normal?

2 Likes

My son applied for Mays the 1st and is not auto admit. His app was also downloaded Thursday and we haven’t heard back.

My understanding is that they are having a problem with the common app and and that no one that applied via the common app has access to AIS…. my kid applied on August 1 as well and I hope this doesn’t put those using the common app behind others that used a different application like apply Texas but applied later….

3 Likes

Wow… acceptances already? That’s great. Glad they have gotten the auto admit process down. Yay. Hopefully common app will get situated soon. I do not think at this point it will jeopardize anyone’s chances at this point.

2 Likes

How do you sign up for housing?

@Raider97 can’t paying Housing deposit until student has been accepted AND housing portal opens up (which usually happens early morning, not always tho). It’s extremely important to be watching for acceptance and have credit card ready-to pay the non-refundable $75 fee-when housing portal opens; it’s a 2step process, so don’t stop until you get confirmation.
Housing selection (in the spring) is based on time stamp Housing deposit was paid. The earlier paid, the better dorm options.

2 Likes

Finally got AIS email today!

3 Likes

That’s great! Did y’all use the Common App? Still haven’t sent my son’s in… he’s driving me CRAZY editing his essays.

Yes, we used the common app on Aug 1. The application was downloaded Aug 3.

2 Likes

Kiddo got it just now……she applied via common application first day

1 Like

D24 is in a non-ranking school. How long will it take admissions to assign her to a quartile after receiving the SRAR? I seem to recall that’s one of the earlier steps?

My son had 7 tabs this morning! Here are his stats.

1. When you applied - Aug 2
  2. 10% or Review Admit - Top 10 %
  3. Major - Engineering
  4. In-state or OOS? - In-state
  5. 7 tabs on 8/8

Also in AIS under major it says “Engineering Review”

His test scores have been sent, but are not showing as received in AIS. Transcript is showing as received. He had the high school send it directly to A&M.

He has not been able to access the housing application yet. He is getting a login error when he attempts to do so.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Consider applying to Engineering Honors program.

2 Likes

After SRAR, should be within 24 hours. Good Luck!

4 Likes

I called and asked today. My son is also at a non ranking school. They said by the end of the month he should be ranked.

Hoping it is within 24 hrs after SRAR!

2 Likes

daughter is top 10, we got all her stuff in a few days ago. Already shows 7 tabs. Son was auto admit four years ago and it was definitely not this fast.

5 Likes

@txagdad agree…never seen tabs appear this early!
But…has Housing portal opened up yet?

1 Like

Quick question. Should my son send in his 1300 SAT? He is taking it again on the 26th… he is not an auto admit. Thanks!

2 Likes

@Lavalocks19 what majors is he applying for?