Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

7 tabs means accepted into Texas A&M. He’ll go through engineering review now. Congrats! You don’t need to worry about holistic review.

Thanks. What’s the difference between engineering review and holistic review (I thought they were the same)?

Holistic review is for all those outside the top 10%. Engineering review is for all engineering students. You could get Tamu or Galveston or blinn Teab. Most likely hearing this early and with good test scores, they’ll get main campus.

To get into the university, you’re either auto-admitted by being in the top 10% or by going through holistic review. Once you get into the university, you go through engineering review to be admitted to the College of Engineering.

Your son got admitted to TAMU and now just needs to get the nod to be admitted to the College of Engineering.

So since many now have 7 tabs, what is the quickest way to tell you’ve officially been accepted? My daughter is top 10% and in non-engineering. Will the first notification be seen in AIS, Howdy or via email? Just curious as to which one she would be watching the closest.

7 tabs and then If you were to click the dashboard tab, and then the overview button, you can actually see what college you were admitted to and the major.

Congratulations! You can see his class rank on the AIS portal.

Do you mind sharing test scores? We’ve been trying to see what A&M will set the bar for homeschoolers.

My oldest is in CStat rocking a 4.0 in Blinn team for Mays…fingers crossed she keeps that up and switches over full time this year. Now for my rising senior, we are submitting her app today. She’s going the communications/telecommunications route. Are those impacted and super competitive majors to get into as well? She will be holistic review.

3 Likes

So it says Fall 2024 - College Station, BA Biology, Active, Freshman 0-29 hours, etc.

2 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

So that means she’s accepted?

2 Likes

Thank you! It was all moving so slowly , waiting for Aug 1, ect and now at lightning speed. We are grateful and surprised at the speed.

1 Like

The switch to 7 tabs means she’s in.

1 Like

Thank you. She comes home tonight from dance camp. They weren’t allowed to have their phones since Thursday. Didn’t want to give her false information. So I guess now it waiting a few more weeks for official notification and housing portal. Thanks for the info and good luck to all.

1 Like

The 7 tabs indicate an acceptance is coming but nothing is official until it says admitted on manage applications.

2 Likes

@FriscoDad I’m having problem within the Common App with uploading my Employer’s contact for her to upload the LOR. It’s not letting me because it says it only allows ‘Other’ recommender, what do you suggest I do. I called TAMU, and they told me to not even worry about uploading recommendations because most of the time they don’t even look at them.

I wouldn’t worry about it for the app. More important to get the app submitted. You can always upload documents in to the AIS once you get the email from TAMU with the UIN.

Do you have a higher chance of getting into A&M if you submit your app earlier?

LOR is not updating through Common App. As others have said, you can do so after you submit the application and gain TAMU AIS portal access.

If you ask TAMU admission office, the official answer is no.

For auto-admit, it doesn’t matter. For high scoring holistic applicants, some majors have some advantages applying early. For the rest of applicants, it is always better to do it early than late, one may need time to prepare for anything unexpected, and student needs to prepare for their high school tests later in the Fall.

2 Likes