Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Has the top ten hurdle score typically/historically been above 1400?

2 Likes

The outline of the amendment just mention “institution”. This still gives university sole control of how to pick the data.
AO has been comparing to all admitted applicants for the past few cycles, and the scores have been steadily increasing. Last year the cut off was between 1410-1450.

2 Likes

Oh, that totally makes sense. TAMU could define institutions of higher learning as the different colleges within the university. It will be interesting to see how this all gets applied.

1 Like

I read it that way at first too. The quote was a copy and paste from the online document so I think it is accurate. Fun to see how this plays out. Historically , I think TAMU has been very homeschool friendly , so I am sure this will be a positive.

3 Likes

I see the applicant vs admitted now ! Wow. Good catch.

1 Like

FriscoDad - in past few years, have any top quartile applicants been accepted into TAMU engr? If so, your guess on %?

Thanks

If you meant non-top 10% for engineering, actually a lot. Most of these are between 10.1% to 25% and much closer to 10.1%.

1 Like

My son hasn’t been admitted yet but he received an email from Business Honors today. Did anyone else get that email? Is that a standard email that goes out to all who apply to Mays with Honors checked?

2 Likes

@AETX standard email

1 Like

Are letters of recommendation needed or suggested if you’re auto-admitted but trying to get into the college of engineering? Just trying to figure out if the kid should get one or more letters (got the 7 tabs earlier today).

1 Like

If the LOR supports engineering experience or potential towards end then yes for sure.

It won’t hurt either way.

1 Like

If rank has already been noted in SRAR, should it also be reflected on transcript? Counselors advised we opt for no rank, but SRAR already reflects it. Is it too late to change SRAR?

Are you talking about you entering a rank in SRAR or AIS assigning a rank after you apply?

AIS will assign a rank based on grades, test scores, and whatever other factors are designed into it. One of mine went to a high school that didn’t rank, and AIS assigned a ranking in the top 25%.

2 Likes

Thank you, yes. She entered rank in SRAR. Our school does rank but it was suggested not to show it on transcript (to be submitted via Naviance).

To clarify, SRAR and Common app submitted 8/01.

In general, top 10% auto applicants definitely want to show rank and submit official transcript.

For holistic, TAMU will assign rank. But if applicants are very close to top 10%, it is good idea to mention in the essay or upload resume.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks so much!

Daughter’s class rank was changed to top 10% and she got her 7 tabs in Howdy today!

Housing Portal is still closed.

Many many thanks to @ChristieR93 and @FriscoDad for all of your shared insight.

8 Likes

Congrats!!

Are these early admissions for auto admissions? We are OOS, applied first wk of Aug and no updates yet

2 Likes

Yes. We also got 7 tabs earlier this week (top 10%) and are just waiting for the official letter for confirmation. I don’t think anyone who has posted so far went through holistic review and got accepted.

3 Likes