Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Thank you, her second choice is Biology. She’s not auto.

2 Likes

Thank you

Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Thanks for the information!

1 Like

hi @emanyoussef … I have the exact same question for my son. What did you decide?He is filling all other inputs for the scholarship section of common app for A&M. We will also be filling FAFSA later this year. Extremely unlikely that we will get need based, so if all we are aiming is merit based should I volunteer both parents income information in this section?

1 Like

@FriscoDad would love to hear your perspective as well. Thanks

For freshmen, mostly NMSF based or Brown scholarship. TAMU will have more merit based scholarship after freshmen year.

Entering an approximate income information in Common App is ok. TAMU use FAFSA data for need base. But if you fill it out, make sure it is matching FAFSA.

1 Like

What does it mean if your son’s name shows up in the student directory but no seven tabs yet? He is holistic review.
Thanks

Is it possible there’s another student with your son’s name?

Okay, I couldn’t help but look and my D24’s name is also in student directory and her name is pretty unusual. She’s holistic review, applied 8/1. Her cousin, who has the same unusual name and has just applied, isn’t listed. Let the tea-leaf reading commence! :woozy_face:

1 Like

If it’s just a name showing up in the student directory I think it just means they have submitted an application. My daughter has 7 tabs and her name shows up in the directory. I went in through my parent account for my Aggie and searched a couple students I know that applied and have 7 tabs…just a name showing up in the directory. I don’t think it has anything to do with the tabs.

We ended up applying through Apply Texas, I left the income blank.

My son is most likely going to drop one of his 2 dual credit class tomorrow. He has 7 classes at school plus 2 dual credit classes and it’s just too much. 9/12 is the last day to drop the class without penalty. This class is listed on his SRAR. I assume we need to let A&M know he is dropping the class. How does that affect his application and consideration for admission?

He goes to a private Christian school that doesn’t rank so he is holistic review. He has a 3.9 UW GPA and a great list of EC, volunteer, work etc.

My daughter changed a class and I sent an email to admissions asking about changing it on her application. This was their reply - "We appreciate your interest in Texas A&M. You may upload your new senior schedule in AIS, but a change in senior coursework will not impact your admissions review.

Thanks and Gig’em

The Office of Admissions"

2 Likes

My kid got an invite to apply engineering honors (not auto admit) and is wondering if this could be good news (still at 3 tabs). I’m wondering if it is an auto generated response based on certain criteria? Trying to ensure my kid doesn’t get ahead of the process in expectations. :). TIA

From the engineering thread on here it looks like the email went out to everyone.

1 Like

Thank you. This was my assumption based on the stats of kids I know in the program. It did make my kid very excited for a moment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@NTXMama based on prior years, it does seem to be an automatic thing, that is sent to all who apply for Engineering. Pretty much all students get the same notification about applying for University Honors, also. In fact, UH all but BEGS students to apply in late spring.

2 Likes

They were power washing on 8/3 when we were there! hahahha

@Kms1 no way?! The building? Pitiful ‘Mays School’ sign?

1 Like