Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Looks like auto admit letters start going out this Thursday!!

2 Likes

Yep, saw that on the engineering thread and then noticed it in the banner at the top of the AIS login screen.

1 Like

For those Top Ten%ers-

Make sure your student has a credit card handy on Thursday. Housing deposit is $75 non refundable, and a 2 step process (which sends an email to parent), so make sure they complete all steps. When they get a notice saying something like “next step is phase 2”, they have been successful.

Students don’t have to list dorms during this step, they’re just paying the non refundable deposit, to secure a housing selection time in late spring.

paying housing deposit is NOT committing to A&M, simply securing a spot for housing, should they decide to attend

5 Likes

@FriscoDad, or anyone else in the know, does everyone who applies immediately show up in a directory search with a view profile button?

1 Like

so where on howdy do you go to pay housing deposit?

Click on “Quick Links”, Campus Life and scroll down to housing. I don’t believe the housing portal is open yet though…

@txagdad its been several years for us, and my Aggie did it all. There will be a link for Housing portal that will pop up, once it opens up. Housing (in the past few years) link opens up EARLY in the day, like 7:00 a.m.ish. The time could change this year, since everything else is so different.
Housing link will not open/let student in, until student has been officially accepted. And the first ‘wave’ of acceptance is usually over the course of 2-3 days.

Data feed from Apply Texas and Common App sometimes did something not supposed to.

The directory information is an import process. The data is likely “accidentally” imported. Once the admission cycle is over and enrollment is locked with tuition paid, the rest will automatically drop off from the directory search.

2 Likes

I did my D23’s last year because it was a 9am opening and she had something in school that meant she couldn’t (test? presentation? something like that.) Since parents have to sign off on the contract I decided to just do it but I do think the sooner students are empowered to sign on and figure out the terrible Aggie websites, the better…

3 Likes

So my (holistic) niece who just applied last week is in the directory, as is my (holistic) D24 who applied 8/1. I don’t think the directory is a good sign of anything, unfortunately.

2 Likes

so anybody have any ideas on what time the acceptances drop?

Not sure on the exact time, but my kid can access the housing portal now (not apply, but logging in is possible when it wasn’t earlier).

Edit: It looks like the first post from the “Class of 2027” thread saying that AIS updated was at 12:47pm. Several people mentioned being able to log into the housing portal but not apply earlier in the day, but that was the first time someone said AIS was saying " Congratulations on your admission to Texas A&M".

1 Like

Two years ago (Class of '26), I recall seeing comments start around 8:00 a.m., so I logged into my son’s account (since his HS started around 8:00 a.m.) and saw the seven tabs.

2 Likes

Tabs come early morning but I think they’re asking about housing portal access to apply for phase 1.

Keep checking on this. I don’t think there’s a set time. Also be sure you fully complete phase 1. You will pay the non refundable deposit and you should receive an email saying it’s complete and it will give you timing of phase 2.

Yeah, I think anyone getting 6/7 tabs today would have them by now. But in terms of people getting actual confirmation of admission by having AIS update to say “Congratulations on your admission,” from what I can tell over the past several years, AIS gets updated in the early afternoon to say someone is admitted. Housing portal opens up for application at some point the same day and probably before AIS updates.

And adding to that, the portal has opened before the banner has been received in some cases.

Housing opened this morning, but still just 7 tabs so i can’t do deposit yet.

@Homeschoolmom28 this doesn’t make sense.
Is your student able to get into the Housing portal? Or are you saying Housing portal has opened for some, but not your student?

1 Like

For us, we can log into the housing portal, but we only get the “home” option at the top. I think that switches to three options (including an option to apply) later.

my daughter has had 7 tabs for a while now.