Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Thanks for setting up. Round 2 for us all well. Oldest is now a junior Industrial and Systems Engineering major currently studying abroad in Greece.

She was top 25%, 3.8 UW GPA, and 1320 SAT so there is hope for those with a little lower qualifications.

Son will be applying August 1st in Statistics. Top 25%, 3.83 UW GPA, and 1400 SAT. Fingers crossed he gets accepted quickly because housing is no joke.

2 Likes

My nephew is Eng studying abroad in Greece right now. Loving it. I’m sure they are together. He too is a rising Junior.

For those who applied super early last year did you put in the classes you requested for senior year or did you already have your schedule?

3 Likes

On srar you put in your intended classes.

3 Likes

Admissions officer during admissions presentation at Camp Build today said that students have to accept their admission into the college in order to submit the housing application.

I’m hoping he misspoke and was talking about admission to the university because I’m not even sure how that would work with their current top 10% admit to the university and then waiting for engineering review.

My husband thinks it is a change in policy and I think he was just differentiating between UT where you can put your housing application as soon as you submit your application

By signing up for NSC you’re accepting your admission. Most do housing as soon as the portal opens after they get 7 tabs. So if this is new then it’s news to me. Guess we’ll find out for sure in September when too 10% rolls in.

1 Like

The admissions officer yesterday said the essay is not changing for 2024 admissions.

3 Likes

My 2026 daughter was admitted and went elsewhere. My 2028 son will be applying in early August… in between moving his sisters back to college. :grimacing:

4 Likes

My son is applying for Admission and is an auto admit. He is applying to Engineering. Last year when my daughter applied under essays there was a place that had a different essay question for Engineering students. I do not see that listed. I called last week and the lady helping me did not see it either. Does anyone know where to find the Engineering essay and the short answer questions for this coming application? Thank you.

1 Like

https://admissions.tamu.edu/resources/future-students/college-readiness

It’s under Application Tips

1 Like

The Apply Texas website says the application opens on July 1 for Fall 24 applications. Will A&M accept them then or not until 8/1?

Also is this going to be the main forum for the application process? I did this 2 years ago with my other son and the forum was named something like Class of 2026 Forum and was started in march. I can’t find a forum with similar wording for class of 2028.

Thanks!

Yes, this is the forum for 2028!!!

Didn’t know about July 1st tho.

Hello @ChristiR93 @FriscoDad and others who were active in the TAMU 2027 thread! As a parent new to A&M admissions, appreciate you sharing any posts from the previous application cycles that were particularly helpful or any topics you feel we should search on to learn more about the nuances and potential pitfalls with the TAMU application process. Thank you for your insights!

Looks like admission dates per TAMU website indicate Aug 1 is the first date. I think Apply Texas opens July 1 because other schools like Tech? I think have July 1 app date. But if you apply July 1 and Tamu gets the ball rolling early, please let us know. That would be interesting.

@93plan follow Wendy Andreen on FB, she’s a former college guidance counselor. She had a great post today about upcoming admissions.

TAMU opens August 1

3 Likes

Great idea, thanks! Glad you are back to post this year!

1 Like

Do you know if there are supplemental essays? For example, Diversity, Person you most admire, etc.?

when will the application be available on applytexas? went in today to start it and Fall 24 is not available yet. deadline is Aug 1.

Did this with my son four years ago and I could have sworn we were able to go in and fill out the application and then submit it on August 1. It’s just been a while.

Daughter is top 10 so she will get in but we want to get application in Aug 1.

@txagdad 3 years ago when my son applied, the application didnt open till aug 1. However, he was able to complete his SRAR in July. That was quite a task and it was nice to finish it ahead of time.

awesome. It’s just been four years, maybe that’s the way it was then. Got the SRAR done and they have the essay prompt on the tamu page. Shouldn’t be too hard.

2 Likes