Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

@JEdge2004 incoming freshman who pay during the very 1st day will be able to get whatever dorm they want.

1 Like

Daughter was admitted in the noon wave yesterday. Just paid the housing deposit. Thanks to everyone in this group!

2 Likes

was just going to say that housing was open at 6. Was up early and just checked for the heck of it. Paid deposit, “done with phase 1”. Assume that is all for now? Doing all the steps on the iPhone was fun…proxy email, entering cc, etc…felt like I was disarming a bomb

2 Likes

@txagdad easily you have completed the biggest hurdle! Actual dorm selection in the spring is a train wreck…BUT it’ll be a snap for those who pay deposit today. Congrats! :clap:t3:
Sit back and RELAX!

1 Like

second kid to go to A&M but first did the corps. easy

1 Like

I love that things are moving along faster this year. I have part of the admissions office in my building and let me tell y’all they are working hard and that place is locked down (literally have a key pad code to get in). They are very serious about this process and don’t take it lightly.

So everyone is in good hands. We will probably have to talk the holistic students off the ledge a time or two over the next 4-5 months, so please stay positive and helpful to them

I’m going to start a new thread now that we are to this stage of accepted. That way futures accepted students/parents don’t have to search through all the already admitted questions.

Congrats and Whoop! Now exhale!

New thread

6 Likes

I’ll just add my two cents. This is kid #2 for me and was nice and easy because of top 10%.

Kid #1 was not auto-admit and had problems getting the SAT/ACT test taken with a decent score due to COVID. Kid #1 was offered Blinn Team, and let me tell you that was an agonizing wait into January. But, it was probably the best thing at the end of the day. It was easier classes and electives were basically 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks, giving more time to focus on the A&M classes. Kid #1 got auto-ETAM, and one reason was probably because of that.

Regardless of whether you are holistically admitted or get in through Blinn Team or Pathway, the admissions office seems good at picking who should be admitted and who should take a different path to get to CStat. At the end of the day, though, regardless of the path taken, they’re in CStat.

4 Likes

FYI-in case this helps anyone, and according to @FriscoDad (thanks for clarifying), the below figure included transfers, Masters and PhD applicants.

Undergraduate, first time at level, total applications: 41476, top 10%: 12157. (included UT info just for comparison)!

CLASS of 2023 (aka COLLEGE CLASS of 2027)

A FEW HIGHLIGHTS…

:+1: TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU)

59,781 - Total Applications

31,637 - Total Admits (across all programs)

13,826 - Total Enrolled

13,256 - Top 10% Admits

12,328 - Full Admits from Holistic Review

6,044 - TEAM, TEAB, Gateway, Galveston/HECM

THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS at AUSTIN (UT)

66,109 - Applications

19,129 - Admitted (16,086 Texas Residents)

9,581 - Enrolled (8,512 Texas Residents)

3 Likes

FYI. The figure included transfers, Masters and PhD applicants.

Undergraduate, first time at level, total applications 41476, top 10% 12157.

2 Likes

I’ll admit, it can be discouraging to think that my kid already got accepted to Bama but an in state school hasn’t accepted him even with a 1510 SAT and all of his other awesome credentials. Thanks for the reminder! :blush:

1 Like

Great to hear. Thank you.

1 Like

Daughter signed up for housing this morning. Her potential roommate is holistic and likely accepted later. I’m reading conflicting things. If she links to a roommate with a later time slot in the housing portal then which time slot is used when picking rooms? The later one or earlier slot?
Thanks!

@Chitown3 the students with the earliest/highest time slots select first. If your daughter officially matches with a friend/roommate during phase 3-which is MONTHS away-your daughter is able to ‘pull’ her into the room.

However, if the other student hasn’t been accepted by the date Housing closes (usually end of February), they won’t be able to ‘match’.
You have PLENTY of time to learn the system, figure it all out.

Dorm selection doesn’t happen until mid/late April, and what student lists/ranks during phase 2 is useless, doesn’t mean a thing. It all comes down to dorm selection time, and what’s open when it is your time.

They’ll be able to room together and will choose depending on your daughter’s earlier date. Once the roomie is admitted, and puts down her housing deposit, they will link up in the housing portal and both select your daughter as the “group leader”. When it’s time, your daughter–with the earlier housing deposit date, will be in charge of choosing the dorm/room they want. (So they’ll have to discuss this ahead of time). With such an early deposit date, they’ll very likely get their top choice. Congrats!

Who assigns the ranking in AIS for non rank schools? Is that holistically assigned based on other factors along with SRAR or purely an algorithm based on SRAR and strength of schedule?

austinmomlv, I don’t know if anyone here actually knows all the ins and outs of how it is done. I think the general consensus is that it is calculated using their algorithm based on your kid’s SRAR and knowledge about the school your kid attends, possibly along with information about prior students who have applied from the same school and their rankings.

1 Like

My son is under holistic review and received an invite email to apply for the honors program today.

Somewhat confused by this? He is just outside the top 10% and does have a 3.9 GPA at one of the top academic 6A HS in TX and 30 DC hours at 4.0.

Thanks

My son is out of state and the school does not rank, therefore he is under holistic review. He also received the email about applying for the honors programs. He did put that he was interested in the honors college when completing the application.

1 Like

It’s pretty common and just a mass email. My kid got this one and the engineering honors one (the second one came before she was admitted, and no one has made it through engineering review yet).

In the “admitted” thread, someone posted that Howdy updated to show general engineering. I checked and my kid had the same update. So it looks like they’re already passing people out of engineering review, which happened much faster this year than in the past.

2 Likes