Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Applied 8/1
1510 SAT
4.0 GPA
Great ECs
National Merit Commended Scholar
36 hrs DC

3 Likes

Wow, amazing stats. That hard work paid off. Congrats!

1 Like

Any chance I may hear back soon? I applied for Mays on 8/15 as a holistic student.

1 Like

@Andrew8 what are your stats?

1 Like

My son’s stats:
In-state, non-ranking private prep school
3.67 UW GPA
NMSF
1550 SAT
35 ACT
APs are only offered staring Jr yr
AP Lang 5
AP Comp Sci 4
AP Stats 4
Applied 9/1 - accepted to Engineering 9/19

4 Likes

Kind of average in my opinion.

17% (1100 in class)
1370 SAT
4.5 W (5.0 scale)
3.6 UW
Lots of ecs and awards, good essays in my opinion.
Have a bunch of DC hours and AP scores too

@Andrew8 based on the last year or two, Mays could easily be full, by the time you hear back from A&M. Scores of 33 ACT/1450 SAT would help greatly, if not auto admit.

How many DC hours do you have? What was your 2nd choice major?

This current admission cycle started much earlier vs the last 4-5 years. It’s hard to gauge when Mays will be full, when holistic (those without strong/high test scores), Blinn TEAM & TEAB etc offers will go out.

36+ hours, give or take a few I know some classes have four hours instead of three.

Second choice was communications.

I thought I applied fairly early though, but I have no clue how the admissions process really works.

2 Likes

@Andrew8 Mays only accepts 1,125 (or maybe it’s 1,250? It has changed the past couple years). Students must be accepted to TAMU first-this goes for all majors-then Admissions decides on the major.
Mays is highly competitive, far more applicants than spots available. When it’s full, it is full…no Wait List.
You did apply early, but there are easily thousands of students with high scores and stats that also applied at the same time, or earlier.

1 Like

Wow? Was your student top 10%?

1 Like

No, he attends a non ranking school.

Did anyone holistic majoring in BIMS get accepted yet?

1 Like

when does the bush school start sending acceptances to the holistic applicants?

1 Like

I think the only holistic people getting in are engineering right now, and even that at a limited quantity. I wouldn’t expect anything til at a minimum of October. Most won’t be til after that too.

1 Like

Any “NEW Inside Scoop” OOS Top 10%, SAT 1550, GPA 5.5, Rank 1/424 Applied for Mech Engineering?

@jimdlt1 honestly shocked your son hasn’t gotten acceptance yet. Does he have all :white_check_mark: beside needed items, he’s refreshing Howdy often?
On the Engineering thread, an OOS with a 34 ACT got in yesterday or day before.

1 Like

Where’s the engineering thread? I cant find it. It’s early, I need more coffee.

Just tagged you on it

1 Like

I found it and I’m in. Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone who had 7 tabs on Tuesday morning, had AIS update to accepted yet? Still showing “in review” this morning…

1 Like