Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

when does the bush school start sending acceptances? also, should I upload a recommendation from my law firm employer in the portal or no? one of my rec letters from my english teacher was already submitted thru common app, but my employer just finished her letter.

AIS updated at noon for mine. Maybe check back around that time today. It does take a little while for everything to filter through the various systems.

2 Likes

@TigerGirl06 non auto admit w/o very high test scores and/or close to Top Ten% could be waiting awhile. This admissions cycle started earlier than prior years, but you could still be waiting until late fall or January.
Couldn’t hurt to upload letter of recommendation.

Looking over the 2027 Official thread, my son (In state non top 10%) looks to be a coin flip at best for Mayes, but very strong for regular admission at practically any other of the colleges. Two questions: 1. What is the best 2nd choice major if he does not get Mayes and wants to take a run at transferring in? 2. Does it hurt his application in anyway to change his 2nd choice major at this point?

I keep seeing many posts about needing a 1400+ SAT or 33+ ACT. According to the 2021 stats put out by A&M, the average SAT for the university is a 1270 with business being a 1270 and engineering a 1338. Average university ACT is 28 with business being 28 and engineering being a 30. Are they averaging in Blinn Team or PSA into those stats? I keep seeing so many kids admitted with 1550’s or 35’s. Seems like the averages would be much higher.

https://dars.tamu.edu/Student/files/F2021-Test-Score-xlsx.aspx

2 Likes

@Ag98 stats aren’t completely accurate/reliable, because many auto admits either don’t submit test scores, or submit so-so scores…knowing it won’t affect them either way.

1 Like

@BCS_Aggie94 what are the student stats?
How many (if any?) dual credit does he have?
Tricky part about trying to change majors into Mays is, Mays doesn’t accept any student with 60 or more hours…that includes DC (which automatically apply; AP is applied only when student decides to).
AgBusiness and Econ seem to be good majors to start out in, as they take many of the same basics.
It isn’t easy to change into Mays, but can be done.

2 Likes

My auto admit kids had very average SAT scores so that brings the average down I’m sure.

1 Like

This lower average happens to all Texas colleges because of auto-admit law.

If one doesn’t need scholarship (most are need-base anyway), and already safely within top 10% or 6%, there is no incentive in preparing for SAT/ACT. For those require holistic review, a very high score is necessary.

3 Likes

SAT - 1350 (700 Math), 18% percentile class rank, Academically competitive high school, 4 year varsity athlete, 2 year team captain, Team MVP, 6 All State designations, other ECs and volunteer activities are run of the mill that everyone and their mother has … NHS, church groups, clubs, blah, blah, blah
DC he will only have 9 hours - ENGL 104, ECON 202, and POLS 206

1 Like

Do you think I have a chance as a holistic review applicant with a 32 ACT and top
quarter?

@BCS_Aggie94 good stats. I’d list AgBus or Econ as 2nd choice-do it now vs later. He’s still in Review.
AgBus is very popular, and take many of the same upper level Mays classes.
That’s great, only having 9 dc-if he doesn’t get into Mays and wants to try & change majors, having only 9 hours is doable. Kids entering with 25-30ish have a difficult time.

1 Like

Yes, 32 ACT is considered high or about 1420 SAT.

With these stats, when do you think I will hear back? Also, do you think I will get blinn or full admit?

Applied Aug 1 (app complete and in review aug 10)
BIMS
32 ACT
Top quarter

and 11 APs^

If you have AP scores submit them as well. If you are close to the top 10% (e.g. 11-15%) may likely be before winter break.

Thank you👍

Time for Round 2 with my next kid. He has a 1390 SAT and 31 ACT. Taking SAT again in Oct. He needs higher scores to be secure for engineering, right? We’re at a non ranking school.

Yes, just a little bit more.

1 Like

Can I choose which Dual Credit hours to transfer over? I have a high amount but it looks like that may hurt me.

1 Like