Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Please know that in past years, the engineering early action date of Oct 15 is meaningless. Many holistic engineering candidates who applied before Oct 15 receive an email or notice in AIS saying “application review may not be complete till jan/feb” or something like around mid oct. However, since your son is auto admit, he should be quickly (maybe a week or two?) admitted once he completes his app.

1 Like

Same here - accepted in AIS. Can you please tell me what I should w.r.to housing? Should I login to housing portal? How do I access the login info? Sorry, if I missed all these details. Also, if I understand it correct, all I am doing now is paying housing deposit (not choosing a dorm or anything)?

Go here: Tamu Housing Portal

Click on MyHousing Portal Login

If you can log in, there will (eventually) be a tab at the top that says Housing Applications. That is where you apply. And yes, you’re just paying the deposit. Dorm selection is in the spring.

If you log in and there is no Housing Applications tab, you can’t sign up for housing yet.

2 Likes

AIS Updated and Got the Letter but a NO GO on housing. ERROR

1 Like

Thanks so much! For login I use the same login as howdyportal etc.?

Here is my ERROR Message

Login to StarRez Portal failed. Reason: Login error. Please try again.

Did you use the same login as AIS? The housing portal does not even recognize my AIS username/email.

Yes
Email with Password and also tried just username with password

Yeah it’s the same, it’ll work when they update the housing portal.

2 Likes

My OOS daughter got her official “You are admitted” in AIS today - saw the 7 tabs two days ago. She is Engineering (mechanical) and applied 9/14 - had no idea things would move this quickly but so excited! Housing still doesn’t seem open to her even though she can see her admittance letter but hoping it will become available tonight or tomorrow morning. Big sigh of relief from California!

3 Likes

I am also not able to login. Will wait till tomorrow and try again.

Try tomorrow at 6a Central time. That’s when it opened for a bunch of us when we got our AIS acceptance.

My daughter got 7 tabs this morning (9/28) and AIS admitted this afternoon:

• Holistic review
  • In-state (very large) public high school
  • 10.6% rank (top quartile in SRAR)
  • 4.29/5 weighted
  • 30 ACT
  • Kinesiology Major
  • Applied 8/10; SRAR linked 8/13

Gig 'em!

7 Likes

Congratulations!

My son received his admission notification today for Mays business school! He had a 4.58 GPA at a small unranking private school. 1340 SAT. Submitted LOR as well. He was assigned the rank of top quarter, so its a holistic admission to Mays, which is pretty exciting as I think it is likely one of the first! Applied Aug. 3, completed app Aug 9.

On a side note, my son will be married when he attends next year, and am wondering is it realistic to think he could get into the on campus married housing, Garden Apartments?

3 Likes

@JTBlizzard731 congrats on Mays!
Wow, he’s marrying young. I’d contact ResLife directly. The Gardens doesn’t go thru regular dorm selection.

Congrats :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was my kiddo. Top 10% (top 2%) in a homeschool program (class size of >900) but because it’s a home study program, doesn’t qualify for top 10%…. So that’s why it was bumped back to 3 tabs and eventually reclassified to top quarter.

So now we wait on engineering holistic process and see what happens. 1390 SAT. Super excited about entering Corps and joining his older brother.

Got through to Housing with a good login but “Applications” is a blank page. UGGGH

About housing. Do we still sign up for housing if DS is going to be in the Corps?

A little background…DS is applying to service academies and ROTC at TAMU is his plan B (one he is also really excited about). He says he can’t imagine going to TAMU and not being in the Corps. I doubt he will change his mind.