Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

ROTC Students regardless of Branch (Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force) are “Required” to join Corps and are housed together (Same Bldg. not sure which one)

That I know but does that mean that they do not go through the housing portal and we do not have to put the deposit down this morning to get into the queue?

Have you been able to get in yet for housing? The log in and password used for AIS is not working….

Okay just got it to work and put down deposit! Hope it’s working for you too!

Housing Phase I COMPLETE :+1:

2 Likes

How long did it take for the proxy form to email to you? I got stuck on this step

Got it within seconds.

1 Like

Thanks got it now. We just need to get to phase I complete message?

AND Don’t Forget your PHASE II appointment time.

Thanks…I got phase II doesn’t open until 10/4 message so I think I am good for now

1 Like

@TD1999 Corps members still have to pay for housing. To be safe, pay the $75 deposit now… in case your son changes plans by late spring. If for some reason he decides to attend A&M, doesn’t decide to be in the Corps after all, at least he’ll have decent dorm selection time.

1 Like

Thanks. That is what we did for DS#1 who ended up not attending TAMU. I do like that they have a reasonable deposit fee that I don’t mind losing in order to gain some peace of mind.

1 Like

Phase II has already opened for some, based on there Phase I completion, but doesn’t really have any weight.

2 Likes

@jimdlt1 your work is done! Paying Housing deposit is by far the most important thing to do.
Phase II is simply a formality/required step, totally meaningless. Phase 3 is matching/listing with a roomie-or student can decide to go true potluck.
Actual dorm selection won’t begin until mid-late April. If you can get to Texas between now and spring break, be sure to schedule dorm tours.

Join/follow the pages I sent you. Tell your son to start checking Howdy portal at least once a week now, once a day from spring break on. All communication goes to the student. Make sure he follows Class of 2028 pages/chats. There will be an NSC checklist he’ll need to complete, before he attends NSC.

Welcome to Aggieland!! :+1:t3:

Thanks! Yup, it’s all on him now. We have been to campus and know exactly which dorms we want.
ALL Singles 1) Hullaballoo 2) Schumacher 3) Keathly-Fowler-Hughes

3 Likes

You’ll need to have White Creek as a back-up. True Singles go FAST-most likely will all be gone by day 2 of dorm selection. But, that’s a bridge to cross many months from now.
Smooth sailing for now!

2 Likes

Thanks to all sharing so much info on this thread. Had no clue about all these things since this is our first rodeo :slight_smile: Phase 1 done now.

2 Likes

US TOO we should get a Freshman Parents tailgate together for Opening Day Football vs. Notre Dame on Aug 31, 2024 and NO it’s not too soon. We already have our hotel.

Does anyone know official FB or Instagram page for class of 2028 roommate finding/matching?

1 Like

@Aggie97SA it is probably a little early. There won’t be an ‘official’ roommate matching site, but students usually start pages, Group Me’s.
Students are on their own to find a roommate, or take true potluck.

Start with these-

1 Like