Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Thank you!

1 Like

My DS would like a single, too. Are these the only dorms that offer singles?

1 Like

These are the Singles 1) Hullaballoo 2) Schumacher 3) Keathly-Fowler-Hughes that are either a Single Room/Single Bath or Single Room shared Bathroom with ONLY One (1) other person AND a good location. Go the Res Life website to have all your questions answered and YouTube as well.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks so much for the info!

1 Like

@YakkityYak i lose track, has your son been admitted yet?
Single dorm rooms are few & far between, and will most likely be gone within the first day or two or dorm selection. That’s why it is sooo important to apply early.

Yes! @jimdlt1 is correct-ResLife website, YouTube & Pinterest can answer all Housing questions…including virtual tours.

1 Like

I think Hart & Walton Halls have Single rooms also. Old dorms-lots or character-but cheap and great location! They have both been renovated.

3 Likes

Hart and Walton do have singles, but Yes OLD and Window A/C Units. No central A/C.

Walton-getting central air this summer! I would absolutely add Walton to your list! Old yes, but renovated, lots of charm & character and you truly can’t beat the location!-the heart of coveted Northside They can use Hullabaloo Starbucks & Aggie Express Store, steps from Sbisa Dining Hall and Houston St USPS.

4 Likes

Cool! Literally :snowflake:

My dorm ranking sits at:

1. Hullaballoo
  2. Schumacher
  3. Walton
  4. FHK’s
  5. White Creek Apts
1 Like

We did. Got accepted on 9/19 and got it last night

1 Like

How much do they give the student if they win it?

I would be optimistic. People say that the 7 tabs indicate that you are admitted and since it is early in the process; I would venture and say the admission is for the first choice major, which in your case is Business.

Top quartile; ACT -35; National merit Semifinalist, National Hispanic recognition, Gold Presidential Volunteer Service Award x 2.

1 Like

OOS midwest; homeschooled; 34 ACT (disclosed); 1490 SAT (not disclosed); 3.99 UW, 4.24 W; 5 AP’s so far (macro, micro, chem, calc ab, ushap) - all A/A+ and 5’s except one (4); scout top award; work 10-12 hours/week; robotics; doing the corps

2 Likes

If you aren’t using that 1490, could we borrow it?! :rofl:

1 Like

If you meant Brown, that’s full ride.

2 Likes

My son has been accepted to Texas A&M, but is still in Engineering Review. The letter he received with his admissions letter stated that he’ll receive one of the following…
*General Engineering- College Station
*General Engineering - Galveston
*General Engineering- McAllen
*Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn

He is planning on being in the Corps of Cadets, as well as the Air Force ROTC. He’s already in the middle of interviews for the ROTC. His heart is equally set on engineering and Corps ROTC. Does anyone know if this possible at all 4 of these locations? I know it’s still early regarding engineering acceptances, but if he ends up having to make a choice, we might need to start having these conversations sooner rather than later. He is guaranteed admission at TAMU-CS (#1 in his class), but we realize engineering is not guaranteed.

3 Likes

Did anyone get tabs today?