Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Does anyone know why the major is changed in AIS while in review? My kiddo’s major changed for both options, now they have the same major listed as option 1 and 2? Not a big deal, just curious. We are still in review. Not 10%.

In the past few cycles, that’s about to be accepted to the changed major listed. TAMU admit students first if the major applying is full or not considering. But this year seems very different so it can mean something else.
Good Luck!

4 Likes

My son only applied for 1 Major Choice - “ALL IN” Mech Engineering which is reflected on his Howdy Portal Overview and of course “General Engineering” for Admitted Choice, which every Admitted Engineering student gets regardless of discipline.

1 Like

I am a moron…lol. She applied to 2 majors within the same college (Kinesiology - Education & Human Development), so it shows the major / college as being the same. The specifics within the college are just not shown, so what she picked in Common App doesn’t display on AIS which is why I was confused. Maybe she should have picked 2 different options completely, but oh well!

1 Like

How do the 7 tabs work? Does it show up once admitted or do they appear at a certain time each day?

7 tabs show up after you’re admitted, usually by 7am. It is usually indicative of an acceptance appearing in AIS a few days later.

2 Likes

I know it is possible at CS and at Galveston. I don’t know about the other two options.

2 Likes

NSC just opened up for us.

2 Likes

NSC GOOD TO GO :+1:
June 20-21 for us.
@DTxAggie THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I owe you one :beer: or :cocktail:

2 Likes

I wonder the same thing…my daughter selected two different tracks in the same major. 13.1 percent, test optional, three year job, leadership opportunities galore, community service and internships. Applied on 8/25 with Srar connection same day.

Things seem to be moving faster and smoother this year. Praying for next released round to be beyond the top 10 percent!

Since things appear a bit faster, I wonder if it’s too late to request a change in the second choice.

1 Like

Hoping for the same thing. I would be careful with change of major because I believe I read somewhere that you’ll get bumped back once you change it as if you submitted today. I’m not 100% on that though. You can always request a change after acceptance too.

1 Like

@Andrew8 thanks! Likely the better plan after the fact!

Dear Lord sweet :innocent:baby Jesus… please let us not have to wait until end of January like last time… Amen.

5 Likes

Can anyone shed some light please?

With my daughter selecting the same college but two different pathways/majors, is it possible she could get accepted to the university but not either of her choice majors? How does that work?
Thanks in advance!

A&M’s office of admissions looks at the application first on whether or not you get into the school. Then it is sent off to the specific colleges/majors you want. So you’re already accepted by the time they see it, so I assume if that college denies you that you’d just be thrown into a basic program or just straight undeclared. You can always change your major after the fact too, so if that does happen you have options.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, freshman year classes are pretty standard across the board and internal transfers at A&M aren’t too hard In my opinion. Find a major with some of the pre-reqs you need and just maintain the desired GPA. You’re going to be fine.

2 Likes

I am surprised to not see a slew of excited new Aggies today! I assumed Tues/Thurs would be full of new admissions.

2 Likes

Who knows. Last week I think people got in on Wednesday, so the “Tuesday/Thursday” admissions might be more of a suggestion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We got “7 Tabs” on Weds Sept 27 early about 0700am Eastern then AIS was Updated first thing Thus 28th and Housing was unlocked at 0900am on Friday 29th, then NSC was Scheduled and confirmed yesterday.

1 Like

We’ve been checking the portal, trust me :joy:. Just got to keep on waiting. Hoping to get my 7 tabs soon.

1 Like

What major did u apply to? I’m still waiting too😭

1 Like