Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Our daughter is homeschooled, and was at first assigned top quartile. But she reached out to them about her test scores, and the message changed to “We need your official transcript to confirm your auto admission” (or something to that effect). The transcript was in CA, but I uploaded it again anyway (as her school administrator), and now she’s updated to Top 10%, but her application is back to “In Review.” She applied about a week ago. Does anyone know how soon confirmation of auto admission comes after confirmation of Top 10%? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wait! She’s been checking AIS for the “seven tabs” (we thought this referred to the links at the top of AIS). But after checking Reddit, we see now it’s the Howdy Portal? So, if she has 7 tabs there, she’s in?

1 Like

Yes basically.

1 Like

Yep. It’ll usually take a couple days for AIS to update.

1 Like

Thanks!

Guess there weren’t too many that got in today either. I read on the thread from last year that it’s usually every other week where a large number of applicants get in. Is that true for this year as well?

Congrats to all who are already admitted. As FAFSA is not open until Dec, when do you expect to get a financial aid offer ?

2 Likes

In the spring, I think March? You’re asking when true financial aid/grants are posted to student accounts?
@martinezcs do you recall when FinAid posted last year?

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see if the delay to fafsa availability (from October to December) affects when aid posts to student accounts. Usually it shows up in the financial aid portal for incoming freshman around February and not till summer for returning students. Might be late this year though.

I just went to a Destination Aggieland presentation last night by our local recruiter for my younger child who is a sophomore in high school. They didn’t mention that and no one thought to ask.

2 Likes

Is TAMU npc correct ? Referring to one at Net Price Calculator - THECB Applications

It appears, per tamu npc, if your ( - ie, Instate/dorm/4 member household/1 in college - ) income is above $99K, tamu will give HUGE aid (like 20K) and your cost is only 9K. But, everything else being the same and you change your income to less than 99K then the aid you are getting is only 3K and your cost is 27K. Looks weird…What am I missing ? Is there any other tamu npc out there ?

That calculator was incorrect. Although a .gov web site, the site relies on universities supplying data, and then someone import into the web site and the calculation imported was totally wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks @FriscoDad
Wonder how families get an idea about the cost at tamu :frowning:

2 Likes

https://aggie.tamu.edu/billing-and-payments/cost-and-tuition-rates/undergraduate-cost-of-attendance

Thanks. Was looking for an alternative npc for tamu as the one in tamu’s website does not appear to be correct.

1 Like

For holistic review, KINE and TEST OPTIONAL (the student is 13.2% in the class) has anyone started seeing acceptance yet? Or in your experience, do test optional students typically receive correspondence in the spring between Jan.-March?
Thanks!

1 Like

My son is reviewing his application PDF to TAMU and is confused that it does not include his SAT scores. How does Texas A&M will know his SAT scores if they are not on the application?

1 Like

Following

He needs to report the SAT scores to TAMU. That’s done through the College Board website, and costs differ I think depending on whether it’s a priority or normal score report.

5 Likes

sounds like my kids stats! I haven’t seen any yet…

3 Likes

Similar stats over here as well. From everything I’ve read it sounds like it’ll most likely be Dec at the earliest. Most likely Jan - Mar. It is so brutal for people who like to plan. Good luck to you!!

1 Like