Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Has there been any updates of non-auto admit applicants receiving acceptances this week, Tuesday or Today? It seems quiet. I keep checking the Howdy portal and AIS but nothing for my daughter yet.

@jimdlt1 keep us posted on the National Recognition. As of this current year, it is no longer guaranteed at TAMU. They also phased out Maroon Merit, which was for OOS.

1 Like

We don’t care about the money, just the waiver.
There are actually 2 different items as listed below, it is the OOS Waiver + $4000 but the 4K is based on continued funding.

https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/national-scholars

does A&M give credit for AP Seminar?

I haven’t gotten anything, but I think right now only Engineering and Business is getting decisions.

2 Likes

Go here :point_down:

https://testing.tamu.edu/credits#Course-Equivalency

Yes, in order to get OOS waiver, students (minus Corps of Cadets who seem to have an automatic ‘in state ride’ :neutral_face:) must receive minimum $4k in TAMU scholarships. Not easy to get. If your son does receive the National Recognition scholarship, he qualifies for in-state tuition! If he doesn’t, it’ll be tough to get in-state.

1 Like

We are still good for in-state I will get Disabled Vet funding which is automatic for the in-state waiver BUT it’s reimbursement to me, Not paid to the school, so I still have to come up with the moola up front.

1 Like

Ooops, already posted

2 Likes

Interesting! Hadn’t heard of that. I’m familiar with Hazelwood Act, but that’s Texas specific.

Hi everyone. I am on my son’s Howdy portal and was able to login to Housing portal but do not see where I can pay the deposit. Can someone please direct me where to go for that?

It’s called Chapter 35 Funding for Dependents of Disabled Vets.
It’s a $1400 a month stipend for 10 months of the school year (June and July excluded)

2 Likes

@natdav789 has your son been accepted to A&M?

1 Like

You have to use the link that is listed on the “AIS” Admitted page. The link is about half way down in the body of the paragraph.

Then after housing, you will go back to that same “AIS” page and pick your NSC date, and start that checklist.

Nothing yet for us… how do you know only engineering and biz are receiving decisions? The waiting is so hard!

I saw posts in the A&M Facebook group about acceptances in other majors like animal science and kinesiology, but it seems the majority are in Business and Engineering. My daughter has Mays as first major, but we haven’t heard anything yet. Yes - the waiting is so hard. praying we all hear good news soon.

Most of the non-auto admits start seeing acceptances in December or Jan., but since Engineering and Business get full so quickly, they are the acceptances we see the most earlier on.

1 Like

We have friends who just got admitted into Mays and Computer Science, they were not top 10%, but were first quartile.

1 Like

@emanyoussef unless very close to Top Ten% and/or very high test scores, holistic probably won’t start hearing until December or after Winter Break.

2 Likes