Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

My Daughter has 4.3 weighted and 3.67 unweighted GPA, her SAT is 1300 and ACT is 28, she really wants Mays, we are waiting on updated transcript before we apply as she took summer classes. My question is it better based on her status to choose another first major like Ag business to not decrease her chances of getting accepted in A&M?

You can’t be denied based on your choice of major. If your student’s first choice major is full but they are otherwise qualified to attend the University, they’ll refer your student to their second choice major or to an alternate one.

2 Likes

@emanyoussef what is your daughters class rank?

Son’s app is done. Cue the happy dance. No glitches. None. I can’t believe it, I guess my expectations were kinda low for getting though this without the system getting overwhelmed. Hope this helps someone.

3 Likes

D24’s application is in! She will be holistic review, nonranking high school with a 4.03 and 29 ACT. Interested to see how this cycle goes!

4 Likes

Our younger son has his application in, too! :tada: He’s holistic and wrote very heartfelt, introspective essays - applying for Engineering and hoping for Ocean Engineering at Galveston. :+1: :anchor: :beach_umbrella:

4 Likes

first quarter

1 Like

Anyone interested in Business checked the Apply Texas app? what Major you choose for first and second majors?

I’m a huge cheerleader for Galveston around here. So many great opportunities there!

2 Likes

But what rank? Top Ten%? 11%? 24th? Makes a big difference. Unless close to Top Ten%, current scores probably won’t get student into Mays (which will most likely be full by end of October/first of November).

Can someone please remind me, SAT scores, must be submitted to the University directly from SAT, correct? Not submitted via the common app or AIS, correct? Thanks……last kiddo going through the process

1 Like

correct

2 Likes

As a parent who just went through Aggie admissions with a D23, I really recommend everyone going back and reading last year’s thread. You will learn so much about Mays admissions and more and see what similar students faced.

2 Likes

When applying to engineering do you indicate desired major (ie. EE) or just general engineering? Should you enter a second major choice not in engineering (such as statistics)?

Finally, I know I saw somewhere mixed advise on if you should select Blinn as a alternative option. Any thoughts?

just general engineering, you don’t specialize until after your first year when you go through ETAM (entry to a major)

2 Likes

@NTXMama Is student Top Ten%?
All freshman enter as General Engineering (tho I think A&M might keep track of desired majors).
If not Top Ten%, I’d certainly list a second major-one other than Engineering (Stats is small).

3 Likes

Son got his application in this morning! Here we go! Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

My son got his application in yesterday! Now we wait and see! :heart:

5 Likes

If the goal is to go to A&M, I see no reason for someone to not pick Blinn. If the goal is direct admittance into certain majors (business, engineering) as a freshman, then there are other schools where that is easier.

3 Likes

I think it depends on how committed to an engineering field your student is. If they would be happy doing something else in the math/ stats/ science realm ,pick a second non-engineering major. If he wants an engineering major only, pick two engineering majors and have backups like engineering academies or safety school to decrease stress.