Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

So, do you think they can reuse some of the material that is already in their main TAMU application? I guess I’m asking if Engineering Honors admissions review student’s main application together with honors application or these two are reviewed separately?

It’s been so quiet on here! Any new holistic admits that are not auto, engineering, or merit semi-finalists? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

There wasn’t much if any overlap between the TAMU app and the EH app. Afraid yours will have to prep four new essay responses.

Yes, I agree the prompts look different from main applications. However, if engineering honors admissions review honors application and main admissions applications together, then a student has to take care not to repeat the same material. This is quite difficult as my son was sure to touch on almost everything on his main application and almost nothing else important left to discuss. In order to write meaningful essays for honors application, he almost has to repeat the same stuff. What are your thought on this?

1 Like

This is lots of work. Colleges need to be kind to the students. Its crazy how everyone wants so many essays.

4 Likes

@Aafat it can be a lot of work, every HNR program at A&M is slightly different in their application process.

TAMU application opened up August 1, allowing students all summer to prepare for college applications, work on essays, get LOR and transcripts in order.

A&M is huge & competitive, HNR programs even more so. Many ‘perks’ to being accepted into major/college specific HNR programs at A&M. These programs are highly selective, and require extra work once accepted.
Engineering HNR program directors want to see the effort and desire on the front end, especially given the thousands that will apply.

HNR programs are optional to apply, open to all students.

4 Likes

It’s been quiet on here and the Facebook page. Is admissions taking a break? :thinking:

Insert impatient sad face

1 Like

Not sure if transfer students and undergrad go through the same admissions office, but transfers just got their denials so I assume they’ve been busy with that deadline the last week or so. Just speculating though I could be completely wrong.

3 Likes

Should my daughter submit her 1340 sat score? 690 math 650 verbal
She’s very stressed regarding this, as she is applying as a Chemistry major and outside top 10%. She has a 4.79/6 weighted and a 3.939/4 unweighted. Her ec’s are all stem focused and her essays are excellent. Please let us know!

2 Likes

Yes! Definitely submit a 1340.

1 Like

TO - “Test Optional” is NOT really Optional. Every recruiter at every college we are dealing with says the same thing. SUBMIT SCORES. One Recruiter of ours stated… “TO is an emotional, touchy, feely meant to not make covid impacted kids feel bad about bad scores”.“The top performers will still perform and that’s who we want”

3 Likes

They also submit a resume with their honor application, I believe.

2 Likes

The prompts are so different, I don’t think there would be too much overlap.

1 Like

We have had several from our school already be accepted to TAMU holistically that went TO. Definitely depends on the school…

Did all of your kids that have not received a decision yet get the invite to join ZeeMee app?
It is sent from A&M not the app.

3 Likes

yes. that feels like an “everyone who applied” mass email.

2 Likes

Were they admitted to their selected major or university as a whole? I’m just curious because my son in auto-admit and still waiting for engineering review of his application.

2 Likes

Just checked my son’s AIS portal and he has been admitted to engineering! His application was in “engineering review” just this morning. So relieved! Good luck to all who has not heard yet.

5 Likes

did he get 7 tabs yesterday?