Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Thanks @DTxAggie.
I was checking the latest (2021 Fall) Test score report. Seems like the median SAT score for Business School is 1260. Not sure how much it would have gone up/down in 2022 … but it seems there’s hope for folks with SAT score around 1260 range; as it’s the “Median”, not the low-end. Please share your thoughts.

Most Top 10% don’t bother reporting their scores, so I wouldn’t bet on a 1260.

1 Like

My son was admitted to Mays last Thursday with a 1300 SAT. He is OOS top 10% 3.98 UW and 4.44 W. I would say there is hope…good luck!

3 Likes

Many of the top 10% auto-admit kids submit low scores b/c it doesn’t matter for them, so that brings the median score way down. For holistic kids, we were told that anything above a 1360 is helpful and ok to submit 1300 and above. I suspect the holistic kids’ median is significantly higher (or they don’t submit at all).

2 Likes

Can you tag me too?

Thanks @RachelMTAMU94
Makes sense. I was thinking those who don’t submit the scores would actually not be considered for calculating the Median/Average score. Anyways, anyone here got accepted for SAT score between 1260 and 1300?

Also, is it possible to ask them to change to Test-Optional (not to consider SAT/ACT) after submitting the application with Scores?

2 Likes

Accepted on 10/26, SAT 1300, ACT 29… I hope you hear back very soon.

Oh great, Congratulations @emanyoussef !
Would you mind sharing whether you’re in Top10% or not? And the GPA?

1 Like

No holistic political science admits yet, right?

2 Likes

Thanks. Applied for Business School admission.

1 Like

A few years back, admissions would not “unsee” a test score that was submitted

1 Like

@Eggscapgoats Oh okay… then out of luck on that one. Will keep my figures crossed and hope for the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Bus2024 when did your student apply and what stats? Mays 1st choice, what was 2nd choice?

We are waiting on that answer as well.

1 Like

My daughter selected something like “send my scores to my schools” and A&M was chosen when she did her in school administered SAT in the Spring. She was not planning to submit any scores, and did not provide anything in CommonApp, but when she logged in to AIS the first time, her scores from Spring were in there and they are not good. She was super sick that day, but honestly she is not a good standardized test taker. It was super strange because none of the other schools received her scores like this. She frantically sent a note to her Admissions person and he assured her that they will only use them to help, they won’t hurt. She has a really good GPA, many ECs, competitive high school, etc, so she is just praying for the best outcome. There was not a way for them to remove those scores. All that to say, we are right there with you, and her scores are lower than the 1260 you mentioned. :grimacing: Good luck to you guys!!

@52AG82 Applied on 10/14. GPA: 3.81 Unweighted / 4.94 Weighted. Sent highest Single SAT: 1270 (SAT Super-score: 1290, but A&M Doesn’t super-score, right? Would it still make sense to send multiple SAT scores anyways?)

@mom3115 I saw earlier in the thread you mentioned few kids got in to May Business with Test-Optional. Were they in Top 10%? What was the GPA range?

Wondering if anyone might have a definite answer to this… My son was admitted to Engineering for Fall 2024. He is a collegiate student through his HS so he is classified as a freshman but will have 62 hours. He is currently taking a few of the class that are normally taken during ETAM. He wants to retake those as to not hurt his GPA for ETAM. Cal 1 is really stressing him because he wants to take that at A&M and not start his 1st semester in Cal 2. He called someone over there today and explained his situation. He was told yes he could choose whether to accept credit for the classes during registering. I thought you could only choose to accept credit if it was an AP class. Drop date is coming up and he is considering dropping cal 1. I plan to call the registar tomorrow when they open back up but wondering if anyone else might know if the classes can be retaken?

You can retake classes! I retook an organic chemistry class at TAMU because I got a B and wanted an A. :slight_smile: Just because he’s taken it elsewhere doesn’t mean he can’t retake it. At UT, my son took Cal 1-3 for college credit in high school and it was his decision alone whether he wanted to use that credit and start with Differential Equations or whether he wanted to retake all or some of the Calc. So I imagine it’s very similar. I had a TAMU Engineering advisor tell me a couple of years ago that they prefer that kids retake Calc there. Hopefully this helps! Also, I am almost positive that only the grades he gets at TAMU will count in his TAMU GPA for ETAM. But someone correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

very helpful!! Thank you!!

1 Like