Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

1 Like

Yes, the screenshot above is correct.

Holistic, applied 8/18
1370 SAT
4.5 GPA, UW: 3.6
Top quarter in AIS (17% in HS with 1180 in class)
Mays

Thanks @Tee2 & @Andrew8

2 Likes

It is Howdy portal shows 7 tabs, not AIS portal.

2 Likes

Have any Psychology holistic majors been accepted yet? if so what are the stats?

SAT - 1380
GPA - 3.98
Top 15%
Applied in early August.

1 Like

What major did they get excepted to if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks!

Mays Business School

1 Like

Way to go!!! Was voice texting obviously meant accepted!

1 Like

My son got his acceptance letter today into college of Engineering. Hadn’t been checking for 7 tabs as he was thinking it would take until December so it was a surprise to him opening the letter. Still in disbelief.

OOS
Applied 10/13
Acceptance letter 11/10
Top quartile in AIS
3.95 GPA
1260 SAT…he did submit the scores
Lots of activities (3 sports, band, student council, robotics, youth, etc)

His brother, class of ‘25, had similar grades and higher SAT (1360) and got Engineering at a Blinn (loved it!) and was notified in March. So that was going to be our expectation.

6 Likes

Throwing this out there for a friend.

Application and SRAR acknowledged as of November 1.
Holistic review
In state
3.4 GPA, 1100 SAT
25.6 percent in the class
10 AP classes
Track runner and long jump - Captain
Working part time

Applied for kinesiology
Hoping it’s not a long shot for TAMu but perhaps Blinn Team?

Anyone have a projection of Blinn Team acceptance?

I’d imagine it would be well after the Dec 1 deadline…
Thanks!

We’re trying to submit common app, and can’t get the green check on the Questions section, even though it’s all completed. Even the scholarship section. Clicking review and submit just goes back to the first tab with all the instructions. What is it that we might be missing? I really hope there’s not a problem with the portal.

Congrats!! That’s interesting since in many places on their website and the handouts it states that all holistic review is done after this Dec 1st deadline. In CAPITAL LETTERS that I recall, to say that unless a student is top 10% auto admit then they’re holistic, haha.

1 Like

Based on prior cycles, this student will most likely get PSA. It’s a great option and you can get guaranteed admission after freshman year if meet the requirements for their major.

Not trying to be negative. It’s just 2nd quarter and that score are low. Team admits are typically 1st quarter and average test score. Or 2nd quarter and strong test score.

Have your friend research majors and PSA schools and requirements. It’s so doable.

1 Like

He submitted early decision. I’ll admit the score isn’t Great but there was obviously something stood out for them to get the decision so quickly.

I know many holistic eng students who applied before the ED deadline that has heard.

If you apply after 10/15 then yes, most won’t hear til dec or January.

Many OOS holistic engineering applicants starting receiving admission decisions mid-September.

2 Likes

What is the likely hood of recommendations and essays making an impact for applicants? I’ve heard conflicting information that if you don’t have a high SAT (1200+) or Rank (top quarter) it doesn’t matter. Any guidance on this would be helpful.

LOR plays much less role. Outside scores (1350+) and first quartile, it will be essay and then ECs.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 I’d like to grab your guidance on this as well.

*Application and SRAR acknowledged 9/5
Holistic review
*In State
*4.0 GPA, 1010 SAT (met TSI requirement)
58% in class
*3 AP courses
*Captain of JV & varsity O-line/ D line 3 yrs
*Captain of Varsity Shot put 2yrs
*Multiple clubs (12 total)
*105 hours of volunteer at Little league and VFW
*2 yrs of work at Movie theatre (concession leader)
*2 solid recommendations (AP teacher and job manager)
*Strong essay and short responses aligned with construction background as he was in Theatre Tech and worked summers with dad on construction sites.

Applied for Construction Science (BS)
2nd school is geographic information systems (BA)

Stated yes to Blinn TEAM or gateway options.

Any guidance on how this application would fair in TAMU options would be helpful.

Thank you @FriscoDad :+1:t3: