Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Correction:
Met State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy (UAP) not TSI

Or @FriscoDad

@jrgomez224 did student submit 1010 SAT?
What kind of grading scale-4.0, 5.0, 6.0?
Did A&M assign 3rd quarter ranking?
Has student applied at other schools?

Hi @52AG82 :raising_hand_woman:t3:
4.0 scale
Yes submitted 1010, but was told wouldn’t harm his application
Not sure if Hs submitted as 3 quarter ranking (will need to check on that)

He got gateway program at Texas Tech, waitlisted at OU, accepted into engineering program at Kansas state, accepted at Colorado state. SAT scores submitted to schools. :confused: couldn’t retract. LSU and Alabama pending—-we did not send SAT scores to those scores and application is pending.

1 Like

@52AG82
Correction: yes A&M assigned him to 3rd quarter ranking.

1 Like

My son has been accepted into engineering and is considering applying for Engineering Honors. I understand there are 4 essays this year. Not sure about last year.
On the Engg Honors website, I see the honors application deadline as Feb 15. But I have also seen deadlines dates of Nov1 and Dec 15 mentioned on this thread. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

After applied and received login for Texas A&M portal, Does the portal show the your current ranking in class? (like 1st 2nd quarter) If so, how can I check for that?. Thank you so much =)

Once you fill out the SRAR in the portal (this takes around a week to upload now), your quarter should show up on the first page of the AIS next to the green check-mark by the SRAR link.

1 Like

I went to a prospective student event recently. The recruiter said recommendations don’t mean much at all. If you upload a recommendation it should say something that the rest of your application doesn’t say already.

They also said do not upload a resume unless you can’t fit everything in the space provided on the application. They said adding a resume means I ran out of room. If everything fit in the application they said please don’t upload a resume.

1 Like

Thank you for this @martinezcs :+1:t3:

1 Like

Oh I saw the rank now, thank you so much

You should research PSA. I think it’s going to be the outcome. 3rd qtr is hard unless you come up with a crazy high score. I’m sorry. Just my opinion based on what I’ve seen.

4 Likes

@ChristiR93 thank you :pray:t3: I appreciate the info!

1 Like

Has anybody heard of Construction Science (dept of architecture) holistic review admits yet? Or if it a competitive (popular) program to get into?

@jrgomez224 TAMU Construction Science is nationally known, a pretty small program (compared to many at A&M), competitive admission and VERY popular.

3 Likes

I think there was some confusion about this. There are different deadlines for incoming students and current students who already at TAMU and want to apply to Honors program. For incoming students, the deadline is Feb 15. I understand this is a completely separate application and has 1 main essay (1000 words) and 3 short-answers (although they really look like essays to me because 2 of them are 500 words each an one is 1000 words). So, I’d say it is really 4 essays. My son is going to work on this next week. Good luck to your son!

Your daughter has a strong profile and you should feel good about her chances. Now being on my 3rd kid to apply to college, I’ll tell you crazy things happen every cycle. The reality is some admissions officer, who was most likely a comm major, is going to spend 5 minutes with your daughter’s application and make a decision on her suitability for a STEM major. Not saying hate the system. I am saying recognize what it is. I’d suggest your daughter submit some more apps out, just to see what comes back. Some of the envelops have money in them. Spread a few of those eggs around.

3 Likes

Strongly agree ! Always good to have options and lot of good colleges out there

Totally agree. No matter how strong a student is they should have multiple applicants out. I know too many kids who are exceptional and got waitlisted at schools that “on paper” they should have been accepted to. The admission process is a little like the “Wild West” and can change from year to year. It is better to put out more applications now than to say, “I wish we had of” later in the cycle. You might be surprised at what other schools are willing to offer. The college board will say 5-8 apps, but “experts” will suggest a higher number. You need to have a good balance of"likely," "target and “reach” schools. You need options.

2 Likes

Hello I want to know what my chance is getting into College of Engineering or the Blinn Team

Applied 10/04

Stats:
Holistic Review
First Quarter on AIS
SAT: 1110 (submitted)
Rank - 25/160
Standard GPA - 3.8/4
Weighted 98.981/100

Please let me know if I need to add any extra information. I truly want to get into A&M