Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

@Elu99 i would NOT submit a 24.
What majors will she be applying for?

1 Like

Public Health to later pursue nursing. Our gut is to not send, but everything I have read is send and they will throw out if it doesn’t help. And based on researching through threads, students are mostly not being offered full admittance without test scores. It is so frustrating to watch a very smart and qualified student, one outside of top 10% maybe not get in over test scores. But I’m starting to think test optional is only for those inside top 10%.

@Elu99 did she take SAT also?
Nursing application will require a near perfect/super high HESI score, keep that in mind, if not a great test taker.

@ChristiR93 is the admissions guru, she can weigh in.

1 Like

Yes, took it once and scored higher on English/reading and not great on math, which equated to about the same equivalent score. So it didn’t help situation. Yea, we are aware of the HESI & nursing school application. We will cross that bridge in a couple of years once she gets there. For now, just trying to figure out best route to her best chance of getting admitted. Like I said, everything else for holistic review is all there.

1 Like

Are there any test dates in your area for September or October? Either sat or act? If I were you I would encourage your daughter to sign up for those and take them. If she doesn’t like the score she doesn’t have to send them but having a good score could be the tipping point for a holistic candidate. A few years back my son took his best test in the fall after submitting his application and I truly believe this helped him to get admitted. Plus you don’t want to look back and think oh I wish I would have tried again. Better to try then not to try and have regrets

How does that work? Do you submit now as test optional and then send scores if improved?Thank you for reply.

Just an idea - can her “additional personal challenges” essay be about her struggles with standardized testing with a positive spin?

1 Like

Definitely go TO with that score since it is skewed from the rest of her amazing credentials.

As for someone mentioning sending in semester grades… they will NOT bump her to auto. The 6 semesters are all that count for that.

I had a student that was truly valedictorian of her small school after junior year but they wouldn’t classify her of that til after fall of her senior year. She and the school sent that in and they thanked her but she ended up with Blinn Team. So I’ve seen first hand their strict rule being enforced.

2 Likes

my daughter will take the ACT again in September, but she is planning to apply earlier because her heart sits in Mays, and she will submit an updated score, hopefully she can raise her score in September. I am now concerned about what was said that after admissions office sees that old score they can’t unsee it. I hope it is not the case for any student.

Question on Common App - In which step , we link the SRAR to the application? Do we submit the application first and then when we get access to the online system, we will be able to link the SRAR?

When my son applied, it was the first year of test optional but there wasnt anywhere on the application where the student had to say test optional or not. If one was going to send scores, they had to be there by the december deadline.

Is there a place now on the app where you have to answer the question test optional or not?

If they then see a higher score, it’ll be good. They’ll toss the other one and it won’t go in their little scatter plot analysis.

1 Like

What you said at the end is correct. Once you get access to the AIS system you will link the SRAR

2 Likes

Sorry. Meant to send a personal post

Thank you!!

Need advice on the RELLIS option in the A&M application? - how does this work? it appears it is different than Blenn Team a, when I searched the FAQs says the students studying at RELLIS are no Aggies, any insights? Thank you!

Correct. Rellis is a system school portal, if you will. 4 year degrees are offered there through commerce, corpus etc.

Blinn is also there.

2 Likes

Thank you!! so they don’t graduate from A&M like the other programs such as PSA and Blenn?

Blinn Team and PSA start somewhere else and then has the possibility to move to Tamu main campus if meet the requirements.

Rellis is 100% separate. You’ll do your core classes and select the system school and major you want to graduate from/with but you’ll be in college station the entire time. Your degree I’ll not be from the main campus. And you will not get the Aggie ring.

2 Likes

Thank you so much - we will change the answer to “No” this is not what my daughter wants. Thank you for the information

2 Likes