Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

So my daughter got confirmation email that she is admitted to Engineering. There is no information about scholarship. She is NMSF. When should we expect any communication about it?

@ChristiR93 So denials/rejections still happen? Seems like everyone gets a soft denial through PSA. Am I wrong?

1 Like

If denied outright then it’s typically because application was incomplete. However we have seen some straight denials without the PSA offer.

1 Like

FYI for those hoping for a college board national recognition program based national scholar scholarship ……
Scholarship support for National Recognition Scholars has been discontinued. All scholarship commitments made prior to Fall 2023 will be honored but no new National Recognition Scholarship funds will be offered by Texas A&M University.

Communication will come via Howdy->Financial Aid, NMSF will get their awards in Spring.

1 Like

@52AG82 @ChristiR93 I just called the admissions office and they said they’re still admitting people for Mays :smiley:

5 Likes

@CHILLAX01 did you speak to a student worker or adult? It’s pretty common to call Admissions and get a different answer every time, depending on who you speak to…especially if you speak to a student.
It would be REALLY late for Mays to not be full, but this admissions cycle is very different from prior years🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

@52AG82 I’m pretty sure I spoke to an actual adult, I contacted the admissions office. Maybe they’re admitting more people than usual? I’ll just remain hopeful and will wait for a decision. Thanks for answering my questions!

3 Likes

Congratulations!! What are her stats?

Will be interesting to see. Since someone said they got their 2nd choice with first choice being Mays, it appears it’s full. Sometimes during the same admit time (like same day/week) then some get mays and some may get 2nd choice but that doesn’t appear to be what’s happening right now solely based on this forums input from current applicants.

Mays is always full by December so there could be time.

1 Like

Wait who said they got their second choice major? I haven’t heard of anyone getting their second choice yet.

It was in this thread I thought. I’ll go find it.

1 Like

Ahhhh I stand corrected. This is what I was recalling. Sorry about that. Mays acceptance end of last week. Nothing since to know if full or not.

2 Likes

Unweighted: 3.87
Weighted: 4.55
SAT: 1540
Eagle Scout
National Merit Semifinalist
Out of State.
Total : 10 APs and many honors classes and one DE.

Today we were informed about 44K scholarship (over 4 years).

Also , Welcome to the forum @omujaideep

2 Likes

I have a question regarding the Technoloy requirements in Mays, I see Engineering has description of the laptop requirements but Mays doesn’t, any idea if students will need a MacBook or another option? Thank you !

@emanyoussef 12rh Man Technology has details for every major-what specs they need/require.

2 Likes

Ugh! I was ok with it being competitive. So disappointed it has competely been defunded. :pensive:

Also, some students that got PSA last year, wasn’t offered it at all 8 participating schools. I know a person who only got offered PSA at West Texas A&M. You have to also meet the PSA school’s qualifications.

Correct, depending on major and high school qualifications, you’re offered what you qualify for. Psa isn’t a free for all. It is a gift of guaranteed admission should you meet the requiremnets.

3 Likes

I have a hs junior. Did anyone’s child get admitted to engineering after applying test optional? My kid has a 4.8 GPA, but she doesn’t want to take the SAT nor ACT.
I’m not sure test optional is the best approach for engineering…anywhere!! Thanks