Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Test optional mainly favors auto-admit students, and TAMU already admitted a lot of test-optional auto-admit students.

Yes, but what about specifically in engineering? She’s auto admit, but will test optional hurt her engineering chances?

If auto, there is nothing to worry about. All top 10% were admitted last five years.

TAMU has ETAM freshmen year to really filtering (or sorting?) students.

4 Likes

So to be clear, the time stamp won’t officially be known until spring? My DD completed her phase I on 9/15. So we’re assuming she’ll get an early slot. She did phase II shortly afterwards even though she knew it was basically pointless.

3 Likes

@JEdge2004 students won’t know their actual dorm selection date until April. Paying deposit 9/15 is good!

2 Likes

Yes, I think that was the 2nd day. Only a few got in on the Tuesday before on that week.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, do you know anyone who got their second choice major and applied to Mays Business School as their first choice? I haven’t heard of anyone yet, a couple of people I talked to so far that haven’t been admitted said they’re still in review for Mays. I’m still in review for “business administration” so I’m just wondering. Thanks!

1 Like

Good morning-any news on political science holistic reviews?

Nothing yet. But I called the admissions office last week and they said Bush School will start sending out admissions decisions from this week onwards.

thank you so much! We are on pins and needles over here!

Good morning, has anyone heard of acceptances for Animal Science holistic reviews?

All decisions are made in the admissions office, not by the individual colleges. If Tamu admissions is grouping by major, that’s one thing but just know you aren’t waiting on the actual college. They have zero say in admissions.

2 Likes

7 tabs this morning!

8 Likes

what major are you?

Rangeland, Wildlife, and Fisheries Management

Has anyone gotten into A&M Engineering recently haven’t heard anyone get in from my school for the past month… is it already full?

Question…kiddo has been accepted to other large Universities out of state. Is there an advantage (or even a way) of letting Texas A&M know that for holistic review purposes? A&M is his first choice but he is in holistic review, waiting… Thx for any insight

1 Like

@grudloff great major! Congrats!!

NO definitely do NOT communicate Admissions or Denials from other schools, if they are NOT IVy, Duke, Stanford, ND, etc.
Our son was accepted to Texas A&M Engineering OOS TOP 10% and they do NOT report to any other school on admittances and denials, not even on the common app, which is great.
Fortunately, for all the schools we applied to, we applied directly to the school, except A&M with being OOS we had to use the common app.

2 Likes

Good to know and thank you, but what if they are the NDs, Penn States, etc…?