Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

I just don’t think A&M cares if a student is accepted other places. My D24 is in the same boat, btw. Holistic and waiting, but with 5 other acceptances w/ merit. A&M can fill each spot with five backup applicants if it wanted.

3 Likes

Agreed. Unless a school thinks they are going to have problems filling a class and therefore, really wants a particular student, they don’t care. Every school has its own selection criteria. Being a “fit” for one school does not mean a student is a fit for another. If he gets waitlisted then perhaps at that point you can send a letter of continued interest and in that say that you have been accepted at other schools but this is your first choice.

2 Likes

Notre Dame like most of the Ivy’s, Stanford, Duke but NOT Penn State, have “Restrictive Early Action”. If you get admitted “Early Decision” by Dec 15th, they expect you to Accept and do NOT want you accepting admittance anywhere else. Are they going to know, can they actually check, IDK.

I don’t know how they “check,” but at some schools (Vanderbilt, for example), for Early Action - you have to sign an agreement that binds you to pay the first year’s tuition if you are accepted. So, in those cases, the consequence of going the early route is that you are on the hook for a lot of money, even if you end up choosing to go to another school.

1 Like

My son is not so patiently waiting on Enge, & from what I’ve heard, it’s been real quiet. We are expecting some form of communication mid-Dec because he applied before the early action deadline, (early Aug actually!!!) Good luck to you!

1 Like

My son is also waiting to hear from engineering. He got an email last week that said they are still working on applications and telling him to make sure he has all additional documentation submitted by December 15. From experience with my TAMU Class of '26 engineering sophomore, I am not expecting a decision before late January or early February, so I’m not really worried about it until we get closer to that timeframe.

2 Likes

My son got the same email!!! Doesn’t it say on website if you apply by early action deadline, you will hear something by mid Dec?

I believe so but most of the times they cant get through all the ea applications and release some decisions late

1 Like

@laurenschwertner wouldn’t hold your breath…

1 Like

Princeton’s “Single-Choice Early Action” website says: “Princeton University’s single-choice early action program is a nonbinding process.”

1 Like

Whenever your older child heard from engineering in January, where they offered full admittance? Were they offered Blinn team or waitlist before that? Just trying to figure out how all of this works. We are going through this for the first time with our oldest.

1 Like

@laurenschwertner Blinn TEAM won’t be offered to Engineering students. The Engineering pathways will be TEAB, Galveston, McAllen or PSA.
While I think your son has strong stats to still get full acceptance, considering tomorrow is December 1, it’s wise to be familiar with all the pathways. If offered Galveston, those spots will fill quickly.

*edited-there are also Engineering Academies in several cities and Blinn-Brenham, which all require a separate, direct application.

2 Likes

Do some kids get offered Galveston even if they don’t select that on their application? His college counselor has not mentioned the Galveston route as a possible outcome for our son. We are familiar with that option, it just wasn’t what our son wanted.

Yes! In fact, Galveston is a very popular offer! Some students love it so much, they stay and graduate from TAMUG.
I’d definitely google the pathways and be very familiar with all of them.

1 Like

did your class of '26 child apply during early action?

Just to add, my '26 son was offered the 3 choices of TEAM, waitlist or Both on January 26th in 2021. He chose TEAM and was admitted a few days later~ we are hoping for a similar offer for our '28 son :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you mind sharing their stats?

1 Like

Sure! My '26 son was 1st quarter, 1290 SAT, tons of AP classes, captain of tennis team, theater thespian. '28 son is 2nd quarter 1370SAT, tons of AP classes, 4 years orchestra chair , after school jobs. We are in Houston at a big 6A high school.
If your kid isn’t in the top 10% and a holistic review, the best thing to tell yourself and your kid is not to expect anything until Valentine’s Day. It helps manage expectations~Otherwise you’ll be checking Howdy every day!! Also, have a good back up school! :slight_smile: My '28 son has already been accepted into Honors Business at OU and will go there if he doesn’t get into A&M. But we are still praying for an offer!!

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! My all in Aggie, is a 1430 SAT, 1st quarter, small, non-ranking private school, in the woodlands. Tons of AP classes, year around athlete, all the things. He’s our oldest, so this is the first time going through an admission process! He’s also a 4th gen Aggie, laser focused on being in CS! Fingers, toes, everything crossed! :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: Good luck to your kiddo!!!

3 Likes

Pretty sure your kiddo will get full admittance with those stats!!! :star_struck:

1 Like